Power Cuts for Phnom Penh Announced (UPDATED)

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Power Cuts for Phnom Penh Announced (UPDATED)

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: For your information, social media posted news today about coming power cuts in Phnom Penh from today for the next few days, April 30 to May 3:
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Power Cuts for Phnom Penh Announced: 30 April-3 May, 2020

Post by John Bingham »

Too much jpeg.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

This kind of shit is why I found a new apartment this year with a large generator that kicks on automatically if there is power outage.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by frizzie77 »

These power cuts seem to be mainly in outlying districts of Phnom Penh. Also many in the same districts on different days. Also see the last sentence of the first paragraph, where it says "due to maintenance operations".

So, I don't think this is due to electricity shortages, which would be a bit strange, too, with all the corona-virus shutdowns plus quite a lot of rainfall over the past few weeks in the Cardamoms, where most hydro-power stations are.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

I had a power cut this morning from 9-10am in Daun Penh
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Djibouti

Post by Ricky Shaw »

They cut your wire?
flanostu
Tourist
Korea North

Post by flanostu »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:43 pm I had a power cut this morning from 9-10am in Daun Penh
I must've still been asleep. But otherwise has been all good imo, unless I sleep too much.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE: Phnom Penh power cuts are programmed over the next few days in some areas, due to maintenance.
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The EDC has released information about the implementation of repair work, change of equipment installation, and moving the electricity lines in Phnom Penh, over the next four days, from 18-21 February, 2021.
Despite the hard work of maintenance, there will be no effect on large electricity supplies, but some areas may have some inconvenience for which the EDC apologizes in advance.
To know which areas will have electricity supply problems, read the details in the whole Cambodian electricity news below (Khmer):
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Power Cuts for Phnom Penh Announced (UPDATED)

From 1th to 4th April in some areas in Phnom Penh will have electrical supply problems
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to the announcement by Electricity of Cambodia (EDC) on March 31, 2021, there will be works, repairs, installation of equipment and development of the electricity network in Phnom Penh.
This may create some inconvenience to users between 1-4 April, 2021.

Read the details in the information below:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Re: Power Cuts for Phnom Penh Announced (UPDATED)

Post by willyhilly »

They actually announce the power cuts in advance now? That is a step forward.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic