Massive Multicolor Drug Bust in Porsenchey; 2 Foreigners Arrested

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Massive Multicolor Drug Bust in Porsenchey; 2 Foreigners Arrested

Post by BklynBoy »

Captain Bonez wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:04 pm 50kg of xtc?!?!?!?!

Holy fucking shit

ahh.. cant wait to be back there... i will take 20 please
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:52 pm Update: According to this report from today, the rainbow-colored pills were ecstasy, and over 57 kilograms were seized in the raid.

April 30, 2020
Police seize more than 50 kilos of ecstasy in Phnom Penh
Police apprehended a Chinese man and his Myanmar wife and confiscated more than 50 kilos of ecstasy in a bust in Phnom Penh.

General Mak Chito, deputy national police chief, identified the two suspects as Lee Mean Fuk, Chinese national, and his Myanmar wife Thet Thet Hlaing.

Gen Chito said that the couple was arrested on Wednesday evening when anti -drug police led by a deputy prosecutor of Phnom Penh Municipal Court raided their rented house in Por Senchey district’s Trapaing Por village.

He said that police seized about 140,000 pills of ecstasy weighing more than 57 kilos, two drug producing machines and other related material.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50718876/p ... hnom-penh/
Should we be expecting the police to be a little more happy than usual this week? They have to test the quality and effectiveness to be sure it's real ecstasy, right? :D
andy1
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by andy1 »

Image Normally with pills they count them and spell out the number and photograph it,why have they not done it this time :nono: :bigeyes:...........
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Lee Mean Fucked

a lot of stuff there what is the value?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Some people would say zero.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

haha yes id be more interested in 50kg of lutefisk
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Lutefisk looks tasty. I'd even settle for 50 grams of gold.
BiggieBig
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BiggieBig »

Does this type of offense constitute a life sentence in jail? I think in thailand a life sentence is 50 years + life (correct me if i am wrong)
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

BiggieBig wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 pm Does this type of offense constitute a life sentence in jail? I think in thailand a life sentence is 50 years + life (correct me if i am wrong)
Back in the day Mr.Cookie got caught with 8+ kilos of hash, 8 kilos of weed, 7 and a half kilos of meth, 10 kilos of cocaine, & 3 and a half kilos of xtc, plus all those precursors and got 28 years.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
BiggieBig
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BiggieBig »

Captain Bonez wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:24 pm
BiggieBig wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:18 pm Does this type of offense constitute a life sentence in jail? I think in thailand a life sentence is 50 years + life (correct me if i am wrong)
Back in the day Mr.Cookie got caught with 8+ kilos of hash, 8 kilos of weed, 7 and a half kilos of meth, 10 kilos of cocaine, & 3 and a half kilos of xtc, plus all those precursors and got 28 years.
Wow. That is like a hop, skip and a jump. He got away with alot if that is what they are giving people for a sentence of that much weight. Do they not lock people up for long periods then? few pills should be a few years if it was neighboring thailand.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic