KOW allowing tourist flights in again?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: KOW allowing tourist flights in again?

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:39 pm
Doc67 wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:43 pm Just get a cheapo travel insurance policy and with a market pen highlight the $10,000,000 hospital cover and that should do the trick.
Yeah, I wondered how would they know about wuhan virus coverage? The pandemic general exclusion is usually buried in the fine print on a multi page PDS.
Another problem is that now the UK FCO has a blanket ban travel advisory. Travel insurance is usually unavailable to any country that they advise against travelling to. As the advice relates to everywhere, all travel insurance policies are void. In addition, insurers are not covering Covid-19 or anything related to it on any new policies (for the time being)

So, if you are in the UK and have no pre crisis travel insurance that covers you, I don't think you can buy one (yet). If you have a pre-crisis travel insurance policy that does cover you, it is still invalid as long as the FCO advice remains the same.

Where is it not safe to travel to?

At the moment, the UK government has advised against all but essential travel abroad.

This means that if you travel against this advice, your travel insurance policy will be made invalid and you won’t be able to claim if you needed to. This includes holidays in the UK.

To check your destination is safe to travel to, when restrictions begin to be lifted, take a look at the FCO’s travel advice.

It’s important that you check the FCO’s travel advice regularly before you go on holiday as this could change.

Your policy will be made invalid if the FCO have advised against all, or all but essential travel to your destination.

https://www.staysure.co.uk/discover/coronavirus-latest/
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Doc67 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:19 pmThis means that if you travel against this advice, your travel insurance policy will be made invalid and you won’t be able to claim if you needed to. This includes holidays in the UK.
the question is, do cambo immigration authorities know that?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

fazur wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:24 pm
Doc67 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 3:19 pmThis means that if you travel against this advice, your travel insurance policy will be made invalid and you won’t be able to claim if you needed to. This includes holidays in the UK.
Individually, probably not. But Governments, and the British Embassy do, and they might well throw a spanner in the works in an attempt to avoid any more stuck Brits making them look useless. They could easily ley them know that no British travel insurance policy is valid with the current FCO advice in place. You might not even get aboard the plane!

I have a 3 year old health insurance policy form AG Cambodia which covers me, but I would get them to write to me beforehand confirming I am covered. Preferably with Khmer Translation.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Which insurance companies are insuring the Chinese that are arriving in Cambodia ?

Does anyone know the name of a Nigerian insurance company ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Duncan wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 5:52 pm
Which insurance companies are insuring the Chinese that are arriving in Cambodia ?

Does anyone know the name of a Nigerian insurance company ?
Good point, there are flights still coming in from China and Korea via Asiana Airlines. They must be showing something regarding insurance. I bet it is easy to get a negative Covid-19 test in both China and Korea. Sod all chance in London
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Yes me too, stuck here in this shit hole called UK, can't wait to get back,

Rather join the Pattaya flying club than come back here again, ffs it's bad..
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Same in Australia the Do not travel ban makes your travel insurance useless.
Covid test for anyone who wants it here is free
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

I feel.so lucky to be here in Siem Reap.
My concern is if and when I can return to the USA to handle extremely important personal business WILL i be able to come back to Siem Reap?
There is no fucking way I am leaving my wife and apartment this year without absolute clarity about being able to get back into Cambodia.
Toss in my business was finishing some work on my house and selling it...The market is dead and I sgiukd of just sold it as it was last year and stored my belongings. But, I never dreamed I would be in this situation.
My plan was to go back..like usual..for about 6 weeks and get my work done..
Oh well, I am lucky as fuck to be in Siem Reap with my wife. I can't imagine being stuck in the USA with a house nobody would buy at a fair price and land I would be low balled on..
Fuck it..
I was thinking of making margaritas ..
My pita bread was great..i bought 5kg of whole wheat flower yesterday to make whole wheat pita and sandwich bread.
I am very lucky to be here in Siem Reap with the gal of my dreams..
I wish all you wanting to get back here God Speed
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Some travel insurance companies have clarified that, while they don't provide coverage for the pandemic as such, travel advisories that are the result of the pandemic don't void the insurance as a whole. If I travel to Cambodia and get run over by a bus, I will still be covered.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Alex wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 12:32 pm Some travel insurance companies have clarified that, while they don't provide coverage for the pandemic as such, travel advisories that are the result of the pandemic don't void the insurance as a whole. If I travel to Cambodia and get run over by a bus, I will still be covered.
Yes, I just extended my travel insurance today for up to 12 mths (I was due to return this month for a short visit but decided to stay instead) and they confirmed the ongoing coverage except for the wuhan virus. But do check with your respective, individual policy on that.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic