KOW allowing tourist flights in again?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: KOW allowing tourist flights in again?

Post by God'sGift »

atst wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:17 am To be honest I think my girlfriend want's me back asap, only went back home to visit my mum and kids.
I hope you're wrong
No one here has mentioned overland travel, perhaps in a few weeks it may be possible to go to nearby country then bus it over
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

God'sGift wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:03 pm
atst wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:17 am To be honest I think my girlfriend want's me back asap, only went back home to visit my mum and kids.
I hope you're wrong
No one here has mentioned overland travel, perhaps in a few weeks it may be possible to go to nearby country then bus it over
Can tourist still travel to Vietnam? Maybe holiday in Vietnam till borders open again.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

I am "from'' the USA, but I haven't been there since 2012 (I live and work in South Korea). Would I be allowed to visit Cambodia (via a tourist visa) in July/August? Your thoughts?
wolfcreek
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by wolfcreek »

Of course I can get a COVID 19 test, prove $50,000 health insurance, and apply for the Cambodian visa here in South Korea if necessary (but the visa upon arrival is so much easier.....).
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

wolfcreek wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:22 pm Of course I can get a COVID 19 test, prove $50,000 health insurance, and apply for the Cambodian visa here in South Korea if necessary (but the visa upon arrival is so much easier.....).
unless you're visiting someone i think you should forget about tourism to cambodia until 2021
even if you can get in, what will you find?

monstra mihi bona!
Josh_76
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Josh_76 »

Well, the KOW has never had a non-stop scheduled flight from Europe (or the US). The only direct ones were via the ME on Emirates & Qatar. Do they have plans to restart?
ANA stopped on April 11th.
There just isn't much demand for international long distance travel right now, except outbound only to bring stranded folks home plus bans, quarantine orders or other requirements putting the kibbosh on the plans of those that don't really have to fly.

China Airlines & EVA have restarted their flights from PNH but the ban on transit passengers at all Taiwanese airports has just been extended indefinitely and only residents may enter Taiwan (and then get quarantined).

The only way in or out is on the 3(?) times a week flights by Korean Air & Asiana (no idea which destinations in Europe they still fly to, apart from the once a week to London that stranded Brits have been guided to).

As for our most important markets:

- Malaysia: Entry ban for foreigners or quarantine for those allowed.

- Singapore: Short-term visitors will be allowed entry into Singapore if they have an Approval Letter for Entry (ALE) from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) or the Ministry of Health (MOH). They could still be subjected to the prevailing health screening requirements upon entry. Possession of an Approval Letter for Entry (ALE) does not guarantee the issuance of a Visit Pass to enter Singapore.

- Thailand: Inbound ban on all int'l. flights now extended

Meanwhile flights from/to China continue as they always did, unhindered.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Josh_76 wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:24 pm Well, the KOW has never had a non-stop scheduled flight from Europe (or the US). The only direct ones were via the ME on Emirates & Qatar. Do they have plans to restart?
ANA stopped on April 11th.
There just isn't much demand for international long distance travel right now, except outbound only to bring stranded folks home plus bans, quarantine orders or other requirements putting the kibbosh on the plans of those that don't really have to fly.

China Airlines & EVA have restarted their flights from PNH but the ban on transit passengers at all Taiwanese airports has just been extended indefinitely and only residents may enter Taiwan (and then get quarantined).

The only way in or out is on the 3(?) times a week flights by Korean Air & Asiana (no idea which destinations in Europe they still fly to, apart from the once a week to London that stranded Brits have been guided to).

As for our most important markets:

- Malaysia: Entry ban for foreigners or quarantine for those allowed.

- Singapore: Short-term visitors will be allowed entry into Singapore if they have an Approval Letter for Entry (ALE) from the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA), Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) or the Ministry of Health (MOH). They could still be subjected to the prevailing health screening requirements upon entry. Possession of an Approval Letter for Entry (ALE) does not guarantee the issuance of a Visit Pass to enter Singapore.

- Thailand: Inbound ban on all int'l. flights now extended

Meanwhile flights from/to China continue as they always did, unhindered.
I thought eva air was good -- Taipei after May 31-- but obviously that can be extended ..

Yes Korean air is good to go .can transit
. If singapore airlines cancels flights in August -- will get a voucher for future use and book w Korean Air-
of course all this would also mean cambodia opens up for USA citizens..
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pdf/ ... stasia.pdf

Flight Schedules for May - June 2020

Singapore airlines has included vietnam and thailand in their flights for June

singapore - vietnam (hanoi, ho chi minh city
singapore - bangkok

also malaysia, philippines and indonesia

Thats up to the end of June... Possible cambodia is for july?
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

The mandatory 2 week quarantine on arrival in Cambodia is a deal breaker for me. Also the ban on transiting passengers in Taiwan. Maybe both will be lifted in the next few months?
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

I've seen somewhere on here the two weeks isolation is in a hotel so not so bad ,if you stay is for a few months or more, has anyone done the isolation in Cambodia, can they let us know what it was like?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic