US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
rexwell
Expatriate
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue May 21, 2019 1:39 pm
Reputation: 186
New Zealand

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by rexwell » Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:35 pm

Brody: That's a little misleading.

How about: Vietnam Veteran's death toll now higher than ín the Vietnam War. A 19 year old in 1969 would be 70 today. Ripe for the picking for this evil plague.
Ricky Shaw
Expatriate
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:29 pm
Reputation: 17
Djibouti

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by Ricky Shaw » Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:18 pm

John Bingham wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:15 pm
No, China is irresponsible.
Responsible for the deaths
God'sGift
Expatriate
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:10 pm
Reputation: 52
Great Britain

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by God'sGift » Fri May 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Doc67 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 pm
In the course of the Vietnam War, 58,220 American soldiers died or were missing and presumed dead.

As of yesterday, U.S. Covid-19 deaths stood at 58,355.

I thought it was a sobering milestone and worthy of note to our American members.
Fairly sure up to 1million died overall in Vietnam war, especially if you add in the French period plus deaths from starvation disease etc... all manmade of course.
User avatar
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Posts: 11013
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 5:17 pm
Reputation: 2626
Location: Atlantis
Aruba

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by phuketrichard » Fri May 01, 2020 3:29 pm

God'sGift wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:08 pm
Doc67 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 pm
In the course of the Vietnam War, 58,220 American soldiers died or were missing and presumed dead.

As of yesterday, U.S. Covid-19 deaths stood at 58,355.

I thought it was a sobering milestone and worthy of note to our American members.
Fairly sure up to 1million died overall in Vietnam war, especially if you add in the French period plus deaths from starvation disease etc... all manmade of course.
BUT, we are referring to american deaths in Vietnam, not french or vietnamse.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 2268
Cambodia

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by clutchcargo » Sat May 02, 2020 10:37 am

Cleaned up a number of off topic posts. This is about the high US death toll from the wuhan virus. Start a new topic if you want to discuss US politics and their involvement in wars.
User avatar
fazur
Expatriate
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:03 am
Reputation: 358
Norway

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by fazur » Sat May 02, 2020 12:42 pm

clutchcargo wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:37 am
Cleaned up a number of off topic posts. This is about the high US death toll from the wuhan virus. Start a new topic if you want to discuss US politics and their involvement in wars.
no offence sir, but the title itself invites us politics and their involvement in wars

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

not sure how anybody could read it differently tbh

to censor posts that relate to politics on a thread that mentions vietnam war

how many non-political posts can we expect on thi stopic?
God'sGift
Expatriate
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:10 pm
Reputation: 52
Great Britain

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by God'sGift » Sat May 02, 2020 1:02 pm

Doc67 wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:10 pm
In the course of the Vietnam War, 58,220 American soldiers died or were missing and presumed dead.

As of yesterday, U.S. Covid-19 deaths stood at 58,355.

I thought it was a sobering milestone and worthy of note to our American members.
It's like comparing road traffic deaths in one particular year to Covid deaths right now in a certain country.

No bearing on each other in any way.

One man-made , the other nature.
User avatar
clutchcargo
Expatriate
Posts: 3951
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:09 pm
Reputation: 2268
Cambodia

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by clutchcargo » Sat May 02, 2020 3:32 pm

fazur wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 12:42 pm
clutchcargo wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 10:37 am
Cleaned up a number of off topic posts. This is about the high US death toll from the wuhan virus. Start a new topic if you want to discuss US politics and their involvement in wars.
no offence sir, but the title itself invites us politics and their involvement in wars

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

not sure how anybody could read it differently tbh

to censor posts that relate to politics on a thread that mentions vietnam war

how many non-political posts can we expect on thi stopic?
No offence taken. In my book, the OP post had nothing to do with politics and war..just highlighting the severity of the number of deaths and the scale. But take your point, others may see it differently and anyway, it's potentially an interesting discussion to have so I've moved them to this new topic here:
post417452.html#p417452
User avatar
fazur
Expatriate
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:03 am
Reputation: 358
Norway

Re: US Death toll now higher than Vietnam War

Post by fazur » Sat May 02, 2020 3:42 pm

respect, thank u.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post