74yo Granny Arrested for Drug Trafficking

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

74yo Granny Arrested for Drug Trafficking

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Battambang): On April 27, 2020, at 3:35 pm, the Anti-drug Department collaborated with the local police in the arrest of a 74-year-old woman, Ven Toeu, for drug trafficking in Kampong Krobey village, Sangkat Svay Por, Battambang.

The police confiscated four packs of ICE drug weighing 16,58 grams. The suspect confessed that she has been sharing those drugs. The police are preparing the case of the suspect with the evidence following the legal procedure.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Re: 74yo Granny Arrested for Drug Trafficking

Post by truffledog »

kind of reminds me about the toxic granny selling weed and opium in Vientiane riverside for more than 30 years..wonder if anybody else on the forum knew that lady and her messi shop
work is for people who cant find truffles
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

In India at that time you bought it from the police run bang shop's
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I don't remember those Bhang shops selling crystal meth. I wouldn't be surprised if they did now though, India is the weirdest country I ever spent time in. Cambodia is an easy-going paradise compared with the amount of dumb-ass people who hassle the fuck out of you there. Good sites but the people are nearly as bad as Egyptians for getting in your face with lame hustles.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Weed, opium, and the original methamphetamine are legit medications. Crystal methamphetamine is not.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

truffledog wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:38 pm kind of reminds me about the toxic granny selling weed and opium in Vientiane riverside for more than 30 years..wonder if anybody else on the forum knew that lady and her messi shop
45 years ago i bought weed from grannies in the main market in Vientienne and went to a den for the occasional pipe of dreams.
Neither the granny or the the wizened old man who prepared the pipes were considered toxic.

They only turned "toxic" when america decided to switch an illegal and catastrophic real war partly financed by dope into a manufactured and catastrophic war against opium and pot.
The winner? Floods of heroin and now meth.
Who's toxic?
Last edited by SternAAlbifrons on Wed Apr 29, 2020 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

what's top speed for a granny on speed, 4mph?
Johno35
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Johno35 »

truffledog wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:38 pm kind of reminds me about the toxic granny selling weed and opium in Vientiane riverside for more than 30 years..wonder if anybody else on the forum knew that lady and her messi shop
I knew her! Now there’s a Texas chicken next door and her shop is closed. I’ve always wondered what happened to her?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Marty wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:55 am Weed, opium, and the original methamphetamine are legit medications. Crystal methamphetamine is not.
Is Methamphetamine a Medicine?
Methamphetamine can be prescribed to certain individuals to treat specific medical conditions. While it is not administered or prepared in the same way that crystal meth is, and is largely different in its effects, these two types of drugs are still the same substance at their core, which is why doctors must be very careful in prescribing methamphetamine to patients.

https://amphetamines.com/types/methamph ... -medicine/
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Spot on, AndyKK.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic