12Yo Throws a Bomb in Play Fight; 1 Dead and 3 Injured

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

12Yo Throws a Bomb in Play Fight; 1 Dead and 3 Injured

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Banteay Meanchey): On April 27, 2020, at 11 am, there was a explosion in Kandal village, Banteay Meanchey, killing a man and injuring three other people.
The victims were identified as Chea Sor, 25-year-old man, died, Sok Panha, 12-year-old boy, seriously injured, Khea Samnang, a 2-year-old boy, slightly injured, and Chea Sreymouy, a 34-year-old woman, slightly injured. The victims were a family of field workers at a potato farm in Svay Chek district, Banteay Meanchey.

At the moment of the incident, the two adults and two children were working in the field, when the 12-year-old boy saw a bomb lying on the ground, and he picked it up and threw it at the others, intending on a fun fight and not meaning any harm. However, the bomb was live and it exploded causing death and injury.

The body was returned to the family for funeral preparation, and the victims were sent to the local hospital.
RIP.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Re: 12Yo Throws a Bomb in Play Fight; 1 Dead and 3 Injured

Post by hanno »

One would think that after all these years one of the first thing that kids (and adults) are being taught is not to pick up any strange objects...
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

hanno wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:27 pm One would think that after all these years one of the first thing that kids (and adults) are being taught is not to pick up any strange objects...
Cambodia...
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Queef wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 pmCambodia...
Eh. Kids do stupid shit everywhere. I bet children of farmers are taught about such things, but kids are dumb. Hell, plenty of adults do stupid shit, that gets people killed, that most of us would have the common sense not to do.

That's a really sad ending to a kid being an idiot, though...
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Queef
Expatriate
New Caledonia

Post by Queef »

Electric Earth wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:04 pm
Queef wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:57 pmCambodia...
Eh. Kids do stupid shit everywhere. I bet children of farmers are taught about such things, but kids are dumb. Hell, plenty of adults do stupid shit, that gets people killed, that most of us would have the common sense not to do.

That's a really sad ending to a kid being an idiot, though...
Though I agree with what you're saying, it would've never crossed my mind to grab a rattle snake by its tail or mess with a pack of wild coyotes as a kid. Why? Well my parents did their job... There's dumb, like Johnny Knoxville and the whole cast of Jackass, then there's Cambodia dumb...
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

There is quite a difference from a pack of coyotes and rattlesnakes and whatever that kid got hold of..
The term bomb is murky...
The poor kid made a split second mistake ....
It said it was a potato farm...a crop that grows below the surface...
Sometimes farmers find Hindu or Buddhist relics while plowing or digging taters in this case.
The coyotes near my house came out at night and killed dogs for shits and grins.
The 3 types of rattlesnakes were typically nocturnal and only seen crossing gravel roads or my driveway or sunnning on a flat rock to gather energy..
I fucked with all of them if I got a chance when I was that kid's age...I would of had my 20 gauge or .22 with me...
My buddy and I dicked around taking black cat firecracker powder or reloader powder and made larger explosives ....stupid fucking kids whose parents taught us well and trusted us too fucking much.
This poor kid was working in a fucking potato field.
Such a tragic tale of woe.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic