MARK ASPINALL Arrested after Pulling Out Gun over Drink Bill in Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: MARK ASPINALL Arrested after Pulling Out Gun over Drink Bill in Phnom Penh

Post by John Bingham »

Foreigner wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:12 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:56 am It's the rampant Tuberculosis which is more of an issue. Hepatitis, Giardiasis, Dysentry, Salmonella,Typhoid, Dengue Fever and parasites such as Scabies, Ticks, Bed Bugs, Hookworms, Fleas, Lice etc can be a big issue in the confined and unsanitary conditions.
There's a visible lack of class on this thread.

It seems that the guy in question split opinion on here.

There may be some for all I know who didn't like him but have shown some dignity and decency and kept their counsel, rather than rubbing it in while the man is at his lowest. There are several who seem incapable of any such circumspection, notwithstanding that they know there are others on here reading who like the guy.

Very poor form indeed imo.
Posters were discussing prison conditions, I was just pointing out some of the possible health problems in there. I didn't criticize the guy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:54 am
Username Taken wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 5:11 am
Stiliko wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:16 pm Just how far off the rails are you mods gonna let this thing go?
:protest: :offtopic:
Not any further. Just trimmed 7 pages of dick waving, "My gun's bigger than your pocket knife" off topic trolling bollocks.

Let's try to keep on topic now, else we might have to lock the thread until his day in court.

:beer3:
why was my post cut<yet Stiliko remained?
i merely pointed out that the thread was way off with gun rights, 2 amendment, knives and carrying voiced by pro trump supporters was crazy

like i said that was cut

he fucked up carrying a gun an threatening people, now he needs pay for his stupid action
I have zero sympathy for him, dont care who is was, or is
Oh FFS Richard! How old are you?

Your post was cut as it was off topic. Here's part of it:
"What does dylans song about god on ur side, carrying a gun for safety in remote areas, the 2nd amendment in America, pocket knifes, etc etc have to do with ..."

Within the next few hours this post and your post that I've quoted above will both be deleted because they are both off topic.
Take the thread OT again and you can have a 24 hour break. And, don't PM me telling me how to mod, unless of course you want a 24 hour break.

-------------------------------------
And to everyone else: Until there is more news about Mark Aspinall there really is no reason to comment any further. End of. Full Stop!
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

LIVIDZX wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:02 amHow so? I doubt the courts will take public humiliation on an internet forum into account.
almost every civilized country factors time already served into sentencing

not yours?

cambodia is low down on my list of countries id like to spend in prisons in

my own country is like a hotel by comparison
LIVIDZX
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by LIVIDZX »

fazur wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 12:26 pm almost every civilized country factors time already served into sentencing
So a 3 week sentence is adequate in your opinion for brandishing a gun in public over a $10 bar bill? I'd say that's lenient to say the least. If he was as well off as he claimed on here many a time then he'll pay is way out anyway so.
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

perhaps you misunderstood factors in?

did he shoot anybody? no

cambodians settle this through payment and face saving

i suggest we let them decide

where are you from?

can you find a recent decision in jurisprudence in ur country that can suggest a wise penalty?
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

It is basically a violent crime compounded by being a foreigner further compounded by no fashion sense. One year imprisonment perhaps?
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

would be interesting to compare what happened to khmers who id the same thing
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

What is the law after doing your time for a serious offense? Will they kick you out of the country or are you allowed to stay?
Soriya
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Soriya »

fazur wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:08 pm

can you find a recent decision in jurisprudence in ur country that can suggest a wise penalty?
6 months to 7 years in uk plus a fine
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

I'd imagine deportation is in order but if you read this forum some have been released and not deported, I dont have a specific case, I'm sure others know better than me but maybe they just fell thru the cracks?
Locked Previous topicNext topic