4-Star Officer Calls The Police After Shooting His Wife to Death

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

4-Star Officer Calls The Police After Shooting His Wife to Death

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On April 26, 2020, at 3 pm, a 58-year-old man, Kim Sary, a 4-star military officer with the Ministry of the Interior, shot his wife to death in the car on national road 2, Sangkat Chak Angreng, Khan Meanchey, Phnom Penh. The victim was identified as Som Sareap, 50 years old.

The police said after killing the victim, the suspect took the body to Prek Run village, Saang district, Kandal, and called the police to come and arrest him. The officer said that he and his wife argued with each other over a question of jealousy, causing the gun explosion in the car. The victim died instantly at the scene.
Spoiler:
The suspect was returned to Phnom Penh police for case preparation.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: 4-Star Officer Calls The Police After Shooting His Wife to Death

Post by John Bingham »

He shot her and then drove about 15km with the corpse in the passenger seat. That's a bit freaky.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

That's not the ID card of a 4 star.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Captain is 3 stripes.. 4 would be major?
I think once you go above major it’s 3 gold stripes and 1 white stripe for Lt. Colonel and then 2 white stripe + 3 gold for full Colonel.

You know I think I could’ve googled this and posted the image faster than type all that out. :(
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:59 pm He shot her and then drove about 15km with the corpse in the passenger seat. That's a bit freaky.
Splattered with her blood no less.....
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

She was probably screaming in his ear about some shit before he finally went, "Fuck it..."
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:05 pm Captain is 3 stripes.. 4 would be major?
I think once you go above major it’s 3 gold stripes and 1 white stripe for Lt. Colonel and then 2 white stripe + 3 gold for full Colonel.

That shitty Norinco CF98 isn't the sort of weapon a big guy carries.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

IraHayes wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:05 pm Captain is 3 stripes.. 4 would be major?

You know I think I could’ve googled this and posted the image faster than type all that out. :(
Major, Colonel, General......I guess I shouldn't be a stickler.......it's not like a Cambodian wearing any of those ranks could lead a platoon out of a wet paper bag anyway.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:59 pm He shot her and then drove about 15km with the corpse in the passenger seat. That's a bit freaky.
That's the bit that's concerns you JB?
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Post by Duncan »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:42 pm
That's the bit that's concerns you JB?

The bit that concerns me is ,,, there are another ten thousand cops and military guys wandering around out there with guns and pissed off with their wife's . Seems to be a common occurrence lately.
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic