The Curry Club

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
mikeukt
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The Curry Club

Post by mikeukt »

Flavours of India...Namaste,....Coriander. All good. Tried them all, enjoyed. Coriander is probably the next to go back to. But ... always room for another.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Looks nice .. . Good portion of dumplins.... love dumpling with chilli oil and strong vinegar
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

mikeukt wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:20 am Flavours of India...Namaste,....Coriander. All good. Tried them all, enjoyed. Coriander is probably the next to go back to. But ... always room for another.
I'm similar with you. Top choices, Coriander, Namaste, Sheri e Punjab, Flavors of India (63).
2nd choices, Curry Pot, Swagat, Katmandu kitchen. I avoid the touristy one's along riverside and st 172.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Gazzy wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:58 am
mikeukt wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 12:20 am Flavours of India...Namaste,....Coriander. All good. Tried them all, enjoyed. Coriander is probably the next to go back to. But ... always room for another.
I'm similar with you. Top choices, Coriander, Namaste, Sheri e Punjab, Flavors of India (63).
2nd choices, Curry Pot, Swagat, Katmandu kitchen. I avoid the touristy one's along riverside and st 172.
I need to try the Dakshin's. My go-to Indian in Siem Reap for many years. Same owner and just a walk away from me.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

hanno wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:33 am
I need to try the Dakshin's. My go-to Indian in Siem Reap for many years. Same owner and just a walk away from me.
Went a while back and found it pretty poor.

Overpriced and small portions, never been back

I am also of the opinion that the siem reap one was okay, nothing more than that
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Have to admit this:
i miss Simons in Kampot for Indian food
Indian food here is 50% more

one of the very few things that are better in Cambodia than Thailand :-)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

cautious colin wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:53 am
hanno wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:33 am
Went a while back and found it pretty poor.

Overpriced and small portions, never been back

I am also of the opinion that the siem reap one was okay, nothing more than that
Fair enough. I did go to the Dakshin's in SR two weeks ago and was very disappointed.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:02 am Have to admit this:
i miss Simons in Kampot for Indian food
Indian food here is 50% more

one of the very few things that are better in Cambodia than Thailand :-)
I'm not usually a big fan of Indian food, but I've got to admit that I was really impressed with Simon's when I first went there and have been back quite a few times since. Delicious food and excellent value for money.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

upload pic

Chicken Masala with 2 x chapati

$3.50 delivered

Loads of tender chicken, very tasty masala, solid chapati

Cannot fault
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

ummm, dude, like where is the Chicken Masala exactly here in this photo? Is it in that red salsa looking stuff?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic