The Curry Club

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The Curry Club

Post by AndyKK »

lamb Seekh Kebab

Lamb Madras and Akbari Kofta

Very nice combination of two curries for the taste buds.
Lamb madras being a sharp and spicy curry, rich, fragrant and intense, more so if the ingredients contain dried Kashmiri red chillies. I also like my madras to have that taste of fresh lemon juice, it gives the dish zest, and the lemon and lamb pair well together.
Akbari lamb kofta curry, small meatballs cooked in a rich almond gravy, makes a good combination when switching from the fiery dish of the madras to the smooth taste of the rich almond gravy of the kofta dish. Although I would have preferred to have had the combination with a vegetable kofta with the gravy being of the same, but the vegetables may have given more of a tasty balance.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Curry for me tonight, too.
But what to have? Goan fish curry was ok. Vindaloo was tasty. Sadly no madras!?
Aloo gobi was very nice. Might have to talk directly with the chef
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:52 pm Curry for me tonight, too.
But what to have? Goan fish curry was ok. Vindaloo was tasty. Sadly no madras!?
Aloo gobi was very nice. Might have to talk directly with the chef
If possible its always the best way to get what is more preferable to your taste.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

bossho wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:29 am Punjabi Kitchen St 172 down toward river from Golden Home, the best Indian food I have had in a long time, now re opened and with new crew, absolutely delicious 4 meals so far- Ckn Tikka Masala, Ckn Vindaloo, Ckn Tikka app. I know I need to branch out a bit more in the menu but man, if this is not the best Indian you've had in a while I would ask where you are eating.
I would think or suspect that there's been a merger or cooperative of late, of at least 4 restaurants.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Shami Kabab

Blatantly ripped off - it definitely resembles Chicken Tika squashed, but the price is for lamb. Even the restaurant cuts back not even providing sauce to accompany the dish.

Mutton Korma

Again, more tasteless curry with very few ingredients. Overall, a total disappointment for good money paid.
I won't be part of the new customer of the newly merger that is happening.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Last night, Kadhai murgh, aka karahi chicken. No photo, sorry- my camera was too slow to keep up with the rate of consumption.
Absolutely delicious, just spicy enough to make the ambient conditions feel cool by comparison, and by far the best non-vegetarian offering from Harzoyka. (So if you ever find yourself in Lagos, this is the place to go)

Karahi is of course the pan that’s it’s cooked in, known by variations on the theme- karai, korai.
So for this restaurant, my current top three are the Kadhai, Bhindi (okra) Dopiaza, and their Aloo Ghobi. A naan bread and two Tiger beers to go with it.
scott61
Expatriate
Virgin Islands (Brit)

Post by scott61 »

We canny go out on an empty belly before a beer so had nempophilia curry last night. Good scran but turns your pee blue.
Welcome to social media. You will be contacted shortly by someone who doesn't understand humour.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

scott61 wrote: Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:12 pm Image

We canny go out on an empty belly before a beer so had nempophilia curry last night. Good scran but turns your pee blue.
First post of a Japanese curry :hattip:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Chicken Shami Kabab -

When cut into the kabab the meat is very finely minced so delicate you can eat it with a dessert spoon. Tonight, that Shami kabab was cooked perfectly in every way.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

As there is no Indian restaurant where I live, I need to take care of my cravings myself.

Butter chicken Masala. Finally managed to find Fenugreek as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic