The Curry Club

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: The Curry Club

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^^
I've been a regular at Warung Bali for years and I reckon it's a good value place.

However I find their rendang can be quite inconsistent. Sometimes, it's spot on.. then other times it's either too oily or too dry, spicy or not or too much coconut flavour. Same with their morning glory either just right or too salty or too spicy or too much sugar.

I won't stop going there but seems a shame they can't be more consistent.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Had a delivery from food panda tonight, the delivery guy would not come to the door, so I went out to him, to pay and collect my food.
Before he handed over the order, he sprayed the handles of the bag with alcohol, and also the money I paid him, and the change he gave me back. Very good I said, but you should be wearing your mask too.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

I've seen that western groceries can be quite expensive in cambodia, are south korean and Japanese items likewise expensive? I quite like grabbing S&B curry roux and mix.
:thumb:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

KTabi wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:10 am I've seen that western groceries can be quite expensive in cambodia, are south korean and Japanese items likewise expensive? I quite like grabbing S&B curry roux and mix.
KTabi I can't answer your question 100% because I don't buy such groceries myself, but I would have a guess and would think most imported food is a little on the expensive side.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I was just confronted with this before I signed in here

https://coconuts.co/jakarta/lifestyle/r ... -festival/
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I just ordered lunch since feeling a little peckish.
From "Curry in a hurry". Had a few meals from them, not bad, good value and taste. Price around $3.50 for a main dish with rice or breads. But I could not resist making a few chips.
Chicken Bhuna.
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:56 pm
KTabi wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:10 am I've seen that western groceries can be quite expensive in cambodia, are south korean and Japanese items likewise expensive? I quite like grabbing S&B curry roux and mix.
KTabi I can't answer your question 100% because I don't buy such groceries myself, but I would have a guess and would think most imported food is a little on the expensive side.
Fair assumption haha, no worries.
:thumb:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Tonight was the choice of saag murg

Chicken Samosa to start with a few home made chips.

wendyaspinall
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by wendyaspinall »

[liveleak][/liveleak]
AndyKK wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:22 am]

Chicken Samosa to start with a few home made chips.
Hi Andy,
I was just dreaming of having some French fries when I saw your post about home made chips!
Mark and I used to enjoy some nice home made chips in our cosy home in England too.
I haven't had some nice home made chips for ages.
Mark and I used to have some nice curries in England too. Really miss those days of sharing food with Mark.
Hope Mark will see your post too and have fond memories too of us sharing some nice home made meals together in our home in good old England.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I honestly thought the food panda delivery guy had decided to call it a night.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic