The Curry Club

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The Curry Club

Post by AndyKK »

I have just finished eating, and too be honest I have not written about quite a few of my last meals mainly because I would be repeaing a meal I have already reviewed, it was not worth the time, more so, to give any establishment that of bad character, because the results of the food may not be what I like or enjoyed, but it may be different for another customer. But I thought I would give this meal my view, firstly the because it's a new place too myself, it has just joined the delivery services of food panda, it's name is the light home.

There was no discount on the menu for this place, but it was still on par of many others. Was it good value! I would say it was, because it offers me two meals to start with.

Veg samosas! Because their are two, being nice and tasty with the side salad, mint and mango sauces.

But it was this main dish that attracted me even more, Chicken Rajasthani, there was to be a revise of word for my partner and myself, it is usually me saying what is the smell, but taking off the lid, my partner remarks "what is the smell" it knocked me back a little too, I can't even tell you what ingredients would give that type of aroma, also like I said the dish did catch my eye, because I have a good liking for the area of India, but I haven't come across a curry like so. But I must say it tasted so good and it had hell of a kick too, but it won't draw me in to eating Cambodian smelly dishes.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

This evening's choice of restaurant and dish.

Not a bad meal, infact very tasty, but a little on the hot side and possibly a little short side of the Chicken. But overall not bad

Sorry unable to post photos of the dish, have problems like last time.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I wanted a chicken sheek kabab wrap to go with my potatoes that I had at home, I did think a little tight and ordered some samosa that would do for the day after, although it does specify, minimum order.

It's cheap money for reasonably good food

The kabab is filling itself, but better with a few home fried potatoes, although a little warning the kabab tends to be on the hot side. With the two samosas, can't go wrong for $3

So tonight, I ordered once more, actually fancying a curry to go with the samosas. I have had two curies from them before, the Rajasthani and the Keema, both have been good.

This curry was good too.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The Light home for new years Eve
Khema and peas with man $5
Very nice 🙂.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

My partner bet me too my second helping of last night's delivered dish. So no problem, just order another meal, apart from feeling extra hungry, I ordered a little more in case she wants to eat again.
Weekend food Panda has good deals

Good meal.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I have been meaning to try this place for sometime, it's the type of restaurant I would normally not hesitate to dine inside, but not these days I am sorry to say, firstly these days I very seldom eat away from home, you could say I have that of my own precautions, not being all that convinced with the authorities knowledge of our world pandemic. Also it's that kind of restaurant that would leave me with an empty pocket at the end of a good evenings feast.

So it's ordering online with food panda, although just of late I seem to have fallen for some reason into a kind of unclear situation with them, all because one delivery rider had difficulties in finding us, even to the extent of blowing off to my partner on the mobile when she was trying to help him with directions, he accused me of faulslifing my address to get him lost, the call center phoned me to explain where my order was and it would be delayed for a while, in the end she hung up on me! The delivery turned up minutes after. But since then I have had to write my details and address once more, also some regular restaurants have been taken from my list, failed delivery's or orders don't get a "sorry" anymore, this for no reason, apart from me answering one of their messages about the incident, then a person from the company called me again asking why I have a problem, where I remarked that I don't have a problem, "replying" l understand delivery persons must learn areas where they work, but then again also customer care service should not hang up on customers, firstly being more professional not to accusing a customer of not writing the street down, when there is no name nor number of the road to write.

Anyway that aside, tonight's meal I have not heard or recall before, but on all accounts it's apparently a well known popular dish.

Shahi lamb

Lamb or Mutton Shahi Korma is one of the most traditional curries with its roots in Mughal dynasty. Traditionally cooked for hours, but it’s quick and easy in the instant pot or pressure cooker. This Shahi or royal dish is rich, creamy and utterly delicious. I love this to garnish this dish with the delectable ‘chilgoza’ or pine nuts.

Lamb Curried with Garam Masala, Onions, Ginger, Yogurt, Cream, Cashew and Golden Raisin

The Shahi White Lamb Korma white lamb korma emerged from the royal kitchens and was first served to Shah Jahan who was Emperor in India in the 16th century. The name 'Shahi' means royal, therefore I gave the name 'Shahi Lamb Korma' to it. It has a rich and creamy texture, subtle flavor and enhanced taste. When you have this for dinner, you'll for sure get a good night's sleep. Want to know why? Well, it's the effect of the almond and poppy seed paste.

These days all I seem to need is a good meal and shortly after I am away with the fairy's. :ROFL:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The restaurant that I hoped to show up again on my food panda app, appears to be back.

Chicken Samosa, very tasty with it's good filling.

Main was to be Chicken Lasooni, to you and me known has probably a Bhuna.

The Chicken Lasooni was very nice indeed, I had a vegetable dish to accompany, Aloo Palak being a simple curry of potatoes and spinach. But I was disappointed here with the spinach being that of a paste.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Something new for me was Beef Rendang, very nice meal.

I recommend this dish
epidemiks
Expatriate
Australia

Post by epidemiks »

AndyKK wrote:Something new for me was Beef Rendang, very nice meal.

I recommend this dish
Sumatra's rendang is OK, but Warung Bali's is the best.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

epidemiks wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:15 am
AndyKK wrote:Something new for me was Beef Rendang, very nice meal.

I recommend this dish
Sumatra's rendang is OK, but Warung Bali's is the best.
Thanks epidemiks for the recommendation, I will have to go try that place out soon.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic