Kampot Expat Woman Attacked by Bag Snatchers at Midday (UPDATED)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Kampot Expat Woman Attacked by Bag Snatchers at Midday (UPDATED)

Post by pissontheroof »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:01 am Someone was reportedly robbed after withdrawing money at an ABA bank ATM in Kampot this weekend.
From Facebook:
I’m glad to be out of there , jaysus I never liked that place except for gus’s bloody marys at his roasteria
And I had a beuatifull room , but no burger king !

Never ever thought i would ever go to siem reap but the weather is great , nobody would dare try to rob me
I don’t even have to carry money , every place takes plastic money
And no tourists ! If there ever was a heaven destroyed like shitsville, siem reap is it now
If they only had A poker club !
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Another bag snatching was reported in Kampot, last night:
Hello guys,
Yesterday at 10pm, I've been bag-snatched on the way from town to Karma Traders (20 meters before the railroad). I think they followed me from town.
I will talk to the police tomorrow.
Be careful, especially if you come back alone at night! They might do it again.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
KTabi
Expatriate
Japan

Post by KTabi »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:19 pm Yesterday at 10pm, I've been bag-snatched on the way from town to Karma Traders (20 meters before the railroad). I think they followed me from town.
Do women really wander around past 10pm out and about? Seems unwise in Cambodia.
:thumb:
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

This sounds like a job for the German guy in drag. :dm:

A while back, there was a lot of bag snatching going on in Kampot, and there's wonderful story about a German guy who tried to entrap some local bag snatchers by driving around a certain area after dark on a motorbike in a dress. :OD:
Don't think it worked, but it shows initiative.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

KTabi wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:13 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:19 pm Yesterday at 10pm, I've been bag-snatched on the way from town to Karma Traders (20 meters before the railroad). I think they followed me from town.
Do women really wander around past 10pm out and about? Seems unwise in Cambodia.
Women, men, trannies, femboys, malgirls, Welch people - all sorts wandering in all directions at all hours. There's often a mini rave at the giant pineapple monument in the middle of town that lasts for weeks
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kampot: A woman has reported on social media that she was attacked with a stick and robbed by three men on a motorbike.
Posted on 2 August 2021.

Thanks to everyone that helped me today. Went back to the place and find my wallet, np money, but my passport, so thanks god.
Still missing my bag (military print) , with lot of stuff in, glasses, clothes, charger...
Going to report tomorrow.
Three guys around 24years old, driving white red bike style air blade.
They left the sticks they used, pic below.
In front of around the world, three guys, stole my bag , passport, everything, kick me with a stick, pls help
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

KAMPOT: Another expat woman has reported being attacked in Kampot. Posted on social media yesterday.

About 8:20pm tonight, I had 2 boys (early 20's) try to kick me off my bike and rob me at the location I've shared.
When they both came and tried to kick me off my bike, I kicked back at them. It was terryfing at the time as they were so close to and grabbing at all my things. I was lucky as they only managed to snatch my phone.
As soon as they sped off I chased them for (not sure how long).... I was in a state of shock at the time, but during the chase i was able to see their face and remember their bike a little bit. ... .
The khmer boy on the back had a shaggy (bowl) haircut and had attempted to dye it blonde, but it has evidently failed! He had quite chubbyish cheeks and large eyes. His driver I didn't get a proper look at, But he was slim and didn't have a terrible hairdo (I think short black) .. I think i recognise them as two that drive very fast, weaving through traffic all the time. No helmet and stupid (I often see them by the river in the day). The bike is from kampot. I tried to read the number plate when I chased them, but it was too dark.
This isn't a sympathy post or anything like that. I am a bit shaken up from everything, but feel lucky. But I wanted to share with everyone what happened tonight, for the sake of what has happened to others and may continue to.... if I had fallen off my bike I could have lost a lot more... but not only that, I would have been left stranded with no way of contacting anyone and then left out past curfew for other dangers.
Please be careful everyone. Kampot just isn't safe anymore xxx

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Attacked in Kampot
For information: Another expat woman has reported a bag snatching attempt in Kampot. This was in the daytime. Woman alone on bicycles or motorbikes seem to be the prefered targets.

A young boy on a scooter just tried to rob me right now in broad day light and I crashed my bike during. He didn’t get anything because everything fell and he drove off really fast.
He was Khmer with all black hair he was alone with a black bike that’s all my brain could take in.
I’m shaking wtf is happening in this town.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kampot: There was a report on the Kampot Noticeboard tonight of an attack against a woman on a motorbike traveling out to the International Village. It seems that she escaped unharmed with some help from an expat man who came to her rescue.
Hi everyone, I just helped a girl who was going home and two Cambodian boys who wanted to rob her by falling off her motorcycle, on the way to international village. Thankfully she wasn't hurt, ladies be careful!!!!!!
Heads up and take care on the Kampot roads (especially if you are a female.) Bravo to the rescuer.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Another expat woman in Kampot has reported a bad encounter at night with a local man on a motorbike. This was posted on 20 September on the Kampot Expat Noticeboard. Take care and stay safe.
Ladies Ladies Ladies...so this happened to me last night. Around 3:30 am I was driving home towards Sovann Sakor village. Completely dark. No street lights. No home lights. Between Salt workers roundabout driving to the other roundabout near Kep Rd. I had a smoke in my hand while driving. My bag like ALWAYS, it's in my trunk. I noticed someone driving on a bike right behind me on the left. I started to slow down so they can drive by (I was a little nervous). Instead of driving past, this Khmer guy sped just a little ahead of me and parked his bike Infront of me, so I was not able to pass. It was harmless at first he just asked for a smoke. I said no (who in the right mind would say yes let me get a cigarettes for you. Let me hop off my bike open up the trunk of my bike in a dark area to open up my purse to reach in and get a smoke. LOL that doesn't leave me vulnerable at all). There was a little room for me to zoom on the right. This continued to happen but he got more aggressive. Each time giving me a little less space to drive past him. After multiple times of saying no smoke fuck off. Started driving around my bike in circles as I was driving making it harder for me to continue driving. This time he wasn't asking for a cigarette he was trying to demand a blowjob or sex. Somehow there was a space behind me so I backed my bike up and sped down a different street where he continued to sped after me. Let me just say, that guy caught me on a bad day. I knew he wasn't going to leave me alone so it was either fight or flight. I stopped my bike right next to his and started screaming/cursing like crazy at him (let's be clear he deserved more). I guess he then realized this girl is tough and eventually gave up when I start trying to kick his bike while cursing him up and down. He sped off and I drove home.
Not as bad at all as an attempted robbery, but nonetheless I'm confident those were his intentions until they see me with no purse on my back. It was still a bit scary.
Just be careful everyone but especially you ladies out there. Lots of love 💕

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic