How do you get Tax Identification Numbers in cambodia ?

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
Rickslayer123
Tourist
Cambodia

How do you get Tax Identification Numbers in cambodia ?

Post by Rickslayer123 »

Do i have to go to the General Department of Taxation ? The reason is i'm planning to open my stock brokerage account in the U.S but I need to have either the U.S SSN (which i don't have) or Own country's TIN. I'm a khmer citizen btw
samrong01
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: How do you get Tax Identification Numbers in cambodia ?

Post by samrong01 »

You dont need a TIN. Just leave it blank. There may be a box to tick to say your country does not have TINs. If it really wont let you do that then just make one up.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: How do you get Tax Identification Numbers in cambodia ?

Post by Kammekor »

samrong01 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:36 am You dont need a TIN. Just leave it blank. There may be a box to tick to say your country does not have TINs. If it really wont let you do that then just make one up.
^this.

Even if you had a TIN in Cambodia it would be useless, because there's no treaty with Cambodia.

You're asked for your details because by default a 20% dividend tax is charged in the USA (by the bank / broker you use), but if you live abroad and the USA has a treaty with that country you might be eligible to a lower tax, as low as 4% if I recall well.

But that doesn't apply for Cambodia, so leave it blank.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic