New York's antibody Testing Show Widspread Prior Infection

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: New York's antibody Testing Show Widspread Prior Infection

Post by hunter8 »

hburns wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:14 pm Our societies have been ill prepared for this and theses drastic measures have been needed to slow it's spread and to protect the most vulnerable. It's true that there are other consequences of these lockdowns and that we can't continue like this until a vaccine is found but to suggest that these measures are pointless really shows a lack of education.
Lol, my doomsday prophet friend, it’s not called a curve for nothing and it bends both ways. That is why you don’t have 6000 deaths a day till year end. I will let you advance your math education by googling a term like “sinusoid“, upon understanding it you will have an idea how respiratory disease outbreaks progress over the course of the year, and why trees don’t grow to the sky. Have fun learning.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

willyhilly wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:52 pm We have all had dengue and the effects are nothing like this virus.

I've never had a diagnosis of dengue, like most expats.

People who say "I had dengue last week" are everywhere. Ask them if they got tested; "nah, no point"

Those aren't dengue cases. They are laziness or hangovers or colds.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

hunter8 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:46 pm
hburns wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:14 pm Our societies have been ill prepared for this and theses drastic measures have been needed to slow it's spread and to protect the most vulnerable. It's true that there are other consequences of these lockdowns and that we can't continue like this until a vaccine is found but to suggest that these measures are pointless really shows a lack of education.
Lol, my doomsday prophet friend, it’s not called a curve for nothing and it bends both ways. That is why you don’t have 6000 deaths a day till year end. I will let you advance your math education by googling a term like “sinusoid“, upon understanding it you will have an idea how respiratory disease outbreaks progress over the course of the year, and why trees don’t grow to the sky. Have fun learning.
I'm not prophesying anything, merely highlighting your flawed logic. I prefer to listen to the experts who have devoted their life's work to these studies. Other than your opinion and referencing anonymous sources, I'm yet to see you back anything up with any facts.

You have already said these social measures have been unnecessary. Can you tell me when the death rate will go down and also tell me when the curve would have peaked without these measures and what the difference in total deaths would have been when comparing life with and without these measures?
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

hburns wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:17 pm You have already said these social measures have been unnecessary. Can you tell me when the death rate will go down and also tell me when the curve would have peaked without these measures and what the difference in total deaths would have been when comparing life with and without these measures?
The death rate will start going down in June.
It will start going up again in November, like any seasonal respiratory disease. It cannot be completely eradicated and the world will eventually fall back to default standard measures practiced for the last hundred years to prevent tb, flu and similar.

The difference in direct covid deaths with and without lockdown measures would be negligible. They would have peaked higher but earlier (April) vs a lower but more prolonged peak extending till June.

Now that we have these measures in place more total deaths will happen over a much longer timeframe from direct and indirect causes. The latter could have been completely avoided.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic