Political correctness

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Political correctness

Post by Ghostwriter »

fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

WildA wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:02 pm Fuck China. They lied and people died.
agree 100%

its what strong countries do power corrupts completely
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:03 am friends would say solly if they made mistakes which blew everything up
'friends', maybe not
and in that case you start to wonder if they were even mistakes
this is not dodgy gulf of tonkin incident stuff

china suffered a lot itself

the list of western nations who need to "say solly" is very long
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

BR549 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:09 am For a guy who claims he doesn't have anything against any countries....you sure point out several that ingratiate you to the nouveau douche...
You go after the President of the United States by insulting him while you never mention one other world leader in an insulting childish manner.
Of course you are applauded for your jibe.
Your lack of facts about china's response just show your ignorance or inability to open your eyes.
Toss in the superiority complex of the professor telling everyone to get a grip and you have quite a chuckle. Get a new gripe..
It is nothing new for people to mix with other cultures..races..religions...and find common ground.
What I find very interesting is how most of you would never think of giving a Trump supporter ...a second of your time...your collective minds are made up.
Try opening your eyes to reality.
The World has more people than ever living quality lives.
You talk down to anyone who is not of your ilk and God forbid someone call stopping a fetus' heart murdering a baby.
How do you repay the aborted?
Where do you send those reparations?
Oh, I forgot.. They don't count.
My American friends call him with much worse names, my name is compliment compare to theirs.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:53 pm Locking this topic till I clean it up.
OK, now unlocked.

Removed a number of posts that were either unhelpful to the discussion or resorted to personal insults and associated replies.

Of course this is a charged topic however let's nevertheless be respectful to other members even if we may not agree with another's view.

So carry on but please stay on topic and be civil otherwise it'll be time to lock it permanently.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

and of course, being a Cambodia forum, wasn't it the West who bombed the shite out of Cambodia and Vietnam - then supported Pol Pot at the UN afterwards. Any recompense for that?
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

IraHayes wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 pm Image
Excellent quote - we could do with someone like Thatcher again!

Now it's high time to rid the country of all the preaching wokists that want to ban everyhing!

The Covid issue is a wet-dream come true for the PC British left, they are in banning heaven now
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

God'sGift wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:20 pm
Excellent quote - we could do with someone like Thatcher again!

Now it's high time to rid the country of all the preaching wokists that want to ban everyhing!

The Covid issue is a wet-dream come true for the PC British left, they are in banning heaven now
Oh my, I don't think you realise what you might have unleashed. I can only assume that some of our UK left-leaning members aren't out of their pits yet!!
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Chuck Borris wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:47 pm
BR549 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:09 am For a guy who claims he doesn't have anything against any countries....you sure point out several that ingratiate you to the nouveau douche...
You go after the President of the United States by insulting him while you never mention one other world leader in an insulting childish manner.
Of course you are applauded for your jibe.
Your lack of facts about china's response just show your ignorance or inability to open your eyes.
Toss in the superiority complex of the professor telling everyone to get a grip and you have quite a chuckle. Get a new gripe..
It is nothing new for people to mix with other cultures..races..religions...and find common ground.
What I find very interesting is how most of you would never think of giving a Trump supporter ...a second of your time...your collective minds are made up.
Try opening your eyes to reality.
The World has more people than ever living quality lives.
You talk down to anyone who is not of your ilk and God forbid someone call stopping a fetus' heart murdering a baby.
How do you repay the aborted?
Where do you send those reparations?
Oh, I forgot.. They don't count.
My American friends call him with much worse names, my name is compliment compare to theirs.
You need to get some new American friends.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Best prime minister ever and a woman to boot!
Long before diversity quotas and the whole shitstorm of 3rd wave feminism took over. Thatcher was a perfect example of equality of opportunity.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic