Political correctness

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Political correctness

Post by WildA »

Fuck China. They lied and people died.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Wild, der flock, China lies, USA lies, UK lies, Russia lies - didn't you realise that truth
and so so many people die as a result.

This topic is about getting past all that,
not just spreading one sided mindless hatred - cos that is also a death dealing lie.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

WildA wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:02 pm Fuck China. They lied and people died.
I have never heard that sentiment before, you sir, are a genius, instantly all our problems are solved.
Mind, blown
up to you...
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

I am not sure why you used the expression Political Correctness ? To me PC means calling a postman a "post person" a fireman a "fire person" ,or calling a manhole an "access chamber" (my local council insist on the last one)
There are loads more, we all have our favourites, one of mine is "physically challenged" pc for a "raspberry ripple" (thats a non pc joke)
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:26 pm I am not sure why you used the expression Political Correctness ?
Perhaps geopolitical correctness may have been a better title.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Political correctness is the molehill.
Racism, inequality, imbalanced justice, dog eat dog capitalism, war mongering hate-speech, destruction of the planet, etc
are the mountains.
Get a grip.
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

I agree with OP, and it's nice to see someone talking some sense with conviction. I was just beginning to think to myself, too, that I don't really know if I can continue to read a lot of the stuff on this forum, so thanks, Chuck. China is a wonderful country. I do however think that the examples given are far more localised than the coronavirus, and I dearly hope that this isn't the straw that breaks the camel's back between democratic and authoritarian rule. I think many people feel torn between political correctness and the the notion of "What if history repeats itself I'm forced to take sides?"
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

friends would say solly if they made mistakes which blew everything up
'friends', maybe not
and in that case you start to wonder if they were even mistakes

monstra mihi bona!
finish_money
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by finish_money »

I think people are conditioned to think certain ways whether they realize it or not. I always considered myself to be "open minded" until I stepped foot in Malaysia and realized how uncomfortable I was. And watching herds of Chinese and Russian tourists in S.E.A. also reinforced my prejudices until I actually made friends with some.

Sometimes when travelling I would tell people I was Canadian simply because they often wanted to have a big conversation bashing the U.S.. Biases are just a normal part of life I guess. Same reason I hated all tuk-tuk drivers for a while.
"You can't teach the beast. It's either in you or it isn't. You can't just go to the store and buy a six-pack of beast. It don't work like that." — Kevin Garnett
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

For a guy who claims he doesn't have anything against any countries....you sure point out several that ingratiate you to the nouveau douche...
You go after the President of the United States by insulting him while you never mention one other world leader in an insulting childish manner.
Of course you are applauded for your jibe.
Your lack of facts about china's response just show your ignorance or inability to open your eyes.
Toss in the superiority complex of the professor telling everyone to get a grip and you have quite a chuckle. Get a new gripe..
It is nothing new for people to mix with other cultures..races..religions...and find common ground.
What I find very interesting is how most of you would never think of giving a Trump supporter ...a second of your time...your collective minds are made up.
Try opening your eyes to reality.
The World has more people than ever living quality lives.
You talk down to anyone who is not of your ilk and God forbid someone call stopping a fetus' heart murdering a baby.
How do you repay the aborted?
Where do you send those reparations?
Oh, I forgot.. They don't count.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic