All Things Aviation

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: All Things Aviation

Post by newkidontheblock »

The chopper that brought the early astronauts back after splashdown.

What they do when not rescuing astronauts.

Cockpit of one of these choppers.

Interestingly, most the buttons, and screens are not integral to flying the chopper. Cyclicals, rudders in front, power in the middle top.

And of course the view of the Abraham Lincoln across the bay, priceless.

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: All Things Aviation-Wake

Post by Freightdog »

hey, folks

While doing some research on something else completely, this YouTube video popped up. I clicked, not expecting much, but actually it's got some good stuff in it, if you can listen beyond the silly narrators voice.

enjoy
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

F-117 Nighthawk GBU-28 guided bomb during a live fire weapons test

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Australian F-18 being refueled

SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Flying cars drag race in outback SA as testing for planned aerial grand prix continues

Airspeeder and aircraft manufacturer Alauda Aeronautics are hoping the vehicles will eventually be able to carry on-board pilots, but they were flown by remote control for the 400-metre drag race.

"Race events will see a grid of full-scale electric flying cars known as 'speeders' race blade-to-blade in landscapes where motorsport has never been before," Airspeeder said in a statement.

"The two-day testing period proved an important showcase of live race conditions that teams and pilots will face in the forthcoming racing series."
Airspeeder is hoping its first races can take place in the near future with unmanned vehicles, ahead of a crewed racing series next year.

"Pilots will play the same role pioneer racing drivers did at the genesis of the automotive and aviation eras in accelerating a new mobility revolution," it said.
"We have created the motor racing arm of this new form of transport, and with it a place and a space for the industry to rapidly develop key safety, performance and digital technologies.

"This will hasten the arrival of electric flying cars that promise to liberate urban environments from congestion through a clean-air form of advanced aviation mobility."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-04/ ... /100594612

Good luck! but personally I think i'll stay watching the Womans Roller Derby channel
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:33 am Flying cars drag race in outback SA as testing for planned aerial grand prix continues

Airspeeder and aircraft manufacturer Alauda Aeronautics are hoping the vehicles will eventually be able to carry on-board pilots, but they were flown by remote control for the 400-metre drag race.

"Race events will see a grid of full-scale electric flying cars known as 'speeders' race blade-to-blade in landscapes where motorsport has never been before," Airspeeder said in a statement.

"The two-day testing period proved an important showcase of live race conditions that teams and pilots will face in the forthcoming racing series."
Airspeeder is hoping its first races can take place in the near future with unmanned vehicles, ahead of a crewed racing series next year.

"Pilots will play the same role pioneer racing drivers did at the genesis of the automotive and aviation eras in accelerating a new mobility revolution," it said.
"We have created the motor racing arm of this new form of transport, and with it a place and a space for the industry to rapidly develop key safety, performance and digital technologies.

"This will hasten the arrival of electric flying cars that promise to liberate urban environments from congestion through a clean-air form of advanced aviation mobility."
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-04/ ... /100594612

Good luck! but personally I think i'll stay watching the Womans Roller Derby channel
Nice toys!
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

And of course the view of the Abraham Lincoln across the bay, priceless.

[/quote]

Interesting enough I was just watching the video of the Abraham Lincoln leaving San Diego 5 minutes ago.

Wish I had keep up and known it was leaving, would have gone to see her off :)
What, Me worry?
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic