All Things Aviation

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Re: All Things Aviation

Post by Username Taken »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Always listen to the guide pilot/navigator at Lukla and Paro. Delayed reactions bite back.

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

ofparadise wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:10 pm Always listen to the guide pilot/navigator at Lukla and Paro. Delayed reactions bite back.

Erm….

I can think of a few companies where 3 vacancies would have been opened up immediately. The bloke in the jump seat should have fired himself.
That was a mess from before the video actually started!
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

ofparadise wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:10 pm Always listen to the guide pilot/navigator at Lukla and Paro. Delayed reactions bite back.

I am not good on planes at the best of times, but flying into Paro a few years ago was not pleasant. I did think it was the worst part of the journey until I crossed into India by car a couple of weeks later….
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

There is a lot of flight movements right now from the USAF. Several large birds have left their bases in the UK and Germany and are heading East. No destination on Flightradar on any of them, they seem to be heading for Usbekistan?
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

There also seems to be a few B767 and B777 and some cargo birds with no given destination heading for the same place. Kabul?
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Yes, Kabul was their destination. They also got a few A320 and A340 inbound. A lot of air activity in Kabul today.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Troops are often carried by airline charters, rather than military transport. If there’s a large mobilization. Quite a few airlines have military contracts for just this purpose.
Tommie
Expatriate
Norway

Post by Tommie »

Well, by the number and size of the planes it is not difficult to figur out that some 5000 to 8000 people could have flown into and out of Kabul today. I was unaware that Kabul had such good flight connections to Europe on a daily basis with heavies like the B787, B777 and A 340. Plus all the B737, A 320 and B767. There is also a lot of private jets and smaller aircrafts departing Kabul today. Kabul must be a Mekka for PPL and LSA licenseholders.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic