Michael Moore Releases ‘Planet Of The Humans’ Documentary For Free On Eve Of Earth Day

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Michael Moore Releases ‘Planet Of The Humans’ Documentary For Free On Eve Of Earth Day

Post by phuketrichard »

"A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest"

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
one_dolla
Expatriate

Re: Michael Moore Releases ‘Planet Of The Humans’ Documentary For Free On Eve Of Earth Day

Post by one_dolla »

so much of that was at least a decade old a terrible doco could almost be sponsered by the oil guys.........what fully chargrs and see what Bob thinks of it!!
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Yes totally agree. A crappy movie. Who is Bob?
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:30 am "A man hears what he wants to hear, and disregards the rest"

You posted this why?
"Breaking news: News Corp interviews two Australian Liberal (in oz "liberal" means the opposite of what it means everywhere else, blame the coriolis effect) climate sceptics, they agree with film bashing green energy"
up to you...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Forget creepy Micheal Moore - follow the money.
This is just a snapshot of what is happening all over the real world.
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/rural/20 ... c/12241502
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 4:49 am Forget creepy Micheal Moore - follow the money.
This is just a snapshot of what is happening all over the real world.
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/rural/20 ... c/12241502
Read the article and did a very quick search for a possible reason why S.Korea is shifting away from coal and which renewables it was moving towards.

Are they moving to wind, solar and thermal energy??
Nope... seems they are moving towards Biomass, which if you watched the documentary in the OP, is far from renewable.
Also, it would seem they are subsidising biomass to squeeze out coal.
https://news.mongabay.com/2020/04/south ... he-market/
The above article is from April 30th. So not as straight forward as we were led to believe.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Yes, you are right there about Sth Korea, Ira.
The purpose of posting the piece was to demonstrate the trends that are happening with energy generally.

PS, not one environmentalist i know thinks burning biomass is a good idea.
It is a con perpetuated by foresters and those who want to dilute the cost of their coal plant generators.
Possibly the most egregious "green" con going.
Repeat - Burning biomass is NOT something that is advocated by environmentalists. It is the industrialists fraud.,

Something else that Moores film neglects to point out.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 9:06 am Yes, you are right there about Sth Korea, Ira.
The purpose of posting the piece was to demonstrate the trends that are happening with energy generally.

PS, not one environmentalist i know thinks burning biomass is a good idea.
It is a con perpetuated by foresters and those who want to dilute the cost of their coal plant generators.
Possibly the most egregious "green" con going.
Repeat - It is NOT something that is advocated by environmentalists. It is the industrialists fraud.,
Yeah I paused to read your short post accompanying the link, this time, and realised I had misunderstood the reason you posted the link.
Agree with your comment about trends that are happening in the energy sector in general. Your link + 2 injures on google and yeah... not good.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

I think we can all agree we should shoot the messenger and forget all about how bad green energy is, while we sit in our air conditioned rooms and browse amazon for our next pointless purchase.

Ignorance is bliss eh.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

I think Ira, it is more a case of pointing the finger at the imperfections green energy - in this case, on very slanted evidence - so "we" can all sit inside our cheap coal fired aircon and do nothing.

(personally i detest aircon more than i hate April in Cambodia, and buy books only on Amazon - so i certainly don't think ignorance is bliss)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic