US Ends Immigration.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

US Ends Immigration.

Post by newkidontheblock »

President Trump just signed an executive order to halt all immigration to the US.

*sigh*

It’s gonna be even longer for missus to get her visa.
camgolian
Expatriate
Mongolia

Re: US Ends Immigration.

Post by camgolian »

I'm sorry for this :sorry:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:07 am President Trump just signed an executive order to halt all immigration to the US.
But you still believe in every single word he says like it's the bible? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
MagicVan
Tourist

Post by MagicVan »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:07 am President Trump just signed an executive order to halt all immigration to the US.

*sigh*

It’s gonna be even longer for missus to get her visa.
Sorry to hear this. Where are you guys in process?

Did you file for a spouse visa or K-1 fiancee visa?

Has she gotten initial approval of the petition and she was waiting on her interview?

It's unclear what this all means and it may face legal challenges so good luck.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Cambodians are tough, she’ll get over it.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

"Donald Trump's efforts at governing by social media should always be taken with a sizable grain of salt. His track record on following through on Twitter directives is decidedly mixed."
"Four years ago, the president campaigned on an aggressive anti-immigration platform, including a total, if temporary, ban on all Muslims entering the country. Now, with an uphill re-election fight looming, he has found a similarly combative measure to champion."
Beeb:
Besides, your wife would be taking some hard working Americans job :stir:
up to you...
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BR549 »

The hate and pitch forks run amok.
He is signing a Presidential order to suspend...not end.
There is a huge backlog already in the pipeline because the system has been shut down for weeks.
The USA allows over 1 Million legal immigrants a year to enter and stay.
The program will resume and certainly some visas will be issued that are deemed vital or even safer.
Do you really think the USA is going to prevent a citizen's legal wife to enter? The citizen must show the ability to provide for the applicant..
Once the states have passed the stages that will allow for a safe reopening of the country the visa process will reopen.
Who the hell thinks every word in The Bible is written in stone?
The Government is busy enough dealing with the citizens of the USA during this chinese pandemic.
It is also faced with 30 million illegal immigrants within the borders and more attempting to enter.
I had plans to fucking go back and sell my house in May and take care of unfinished business. But, I can't go. The market for selling houses and land is in the tank...Selling my personal property for a fair price is impossible...getting an UBER ride 2 hours from the airport to my house through counties with hot spots is impossible and foolish.
I have to wait to go to the USA..
I am even more concerned with getting BACK to MY Khmer wife here in Cambodia.
There is a travel ban for flights from the USA to Cambodia.
Amazing how Trump is being blamed for common sense and adult behavior.
Meanwhile, you marxists just keep lapping up the chinese bat soup.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

BR549 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:14 pm The hate and pitch forks run amok.
There is a huge backlog already in the pipeline because the system has been shut down for weeks.
The program will resume and certainly some visas will be issued that are deemed vital or even safer.
Do you really think the USA is going to prevent a citizen's legal wife to enter? The citizen must show the ability to provide for the applicant..
Once the states have passed the stages that will allow for a safe reopening of the country the visa process will reopen.
The Government is busy enough dealing with the citizens of the USA during this chinese pandemic.
It is also faced with 30 million illegal immigrants within the borders and more attempting to enter.
I had plans to fucking go back and sell my house in May and take care of unfinished business. But, I can't go. The market for selling houses and land is in the tank...Selling my personal property for a fair price is impossible...getting an UBER ride 2 hours from the airport to my house through counties with hot spots is impossible and foolish.
Are all people working for immigration stationed in health care now?
This is just a silly move. Each and every country forgets there will be a time after the epidemic. I seriously can’t think of one valid reason to stop the processing of legal applications.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:21 pm
BR549 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:14 pm The hate and pitch forks run amok.
Are all people working for immigration stationed in health care now?
This is just a silly move. Each and every country forgets there will be a time after the epidemic. I seriously can’t think of one valid reason to stop the processing of legal applications.
another great decision by Trump. I feel bad for those who have legitimate neeeds and are affected,but blame China.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

another great decision by Trump. I feel bad for those who have legitimate neeeds and are affected,but blame China.
[/quote]

Those two words sum it up, as the saying goes, why bother to be part of the solution when you can much more easily blame someone else for the problem. I mean sure the problem still exists, but it's someone else's fault, if trump has taught us nothing else it's the importance of blame and shirking responsibility.
up to you...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic