US Ends Immigration.

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: US Ends Immigration.

Post by Clemen »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:34 pm
WildA wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:58 pm
Spoken like a ..[Mod edit: no need for name calling]
Spoken like someone who realizes they are in a corner and can't think of a reasonable response.
I wish I could like your post twice
up to you...
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Bedazzler! wrote:We all have to wait for the details but this article suggests that family based visas may not be affected?? Only working visas??

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... s-concerns
From the article:

“The immediate practical effect of the order remains unclear. Immigration agencies and embassies have largely stopped processing visas, meaning many of those seeking to immigrate to or visit the U.S. cannot do so.”

I can just imagine how much visa processing work the US Embassy in Cambodia is doing right now and in the immediate foreseeable future. Because this branch (compared to the Thailand one) has been known to expedite visa requests.

But I still have to try to remain optimistic.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's just a 60 day hiatus for now kid. I thought you'd be able to recognize by now how much of what is said is just populist nonsense and doesn't actually translate into real policies. You could move here though, you shouldn't abandon your good woman here or expect her to move to pandemic central USA. Good luck.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic