US Expat Father is Go-Funding to Get Passports and Tickets for his Kids

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: US Expat Father is Go-Funding to Get Passports and Tickets for his Kids

Post by frizzie77 »

IF this is genuine, it's probably another Yank who thinks it's a wise idea to pump his genetic shit into some hooker and then finds out he doesn't have the $4000 or thereabouts to 'save' the children. Oh wait, in the text it says he needs $3400, but the 'goal' on the GoFundMe page is $15,000. Hm...

Remember, I said, IF
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

As one who has been scammed in a former life and used as a walking ATM, it sounds like a scam.

The English can be poor, she used a returned Khmer to do all the writing for her and all the other scammers in on the plot. It is possible for someone who had a low level of English and now cut off from English speakers to devolve. But this one was helping out ‘schools’ so that would assume they he was always reviewing how to write formal English.

Nothing makes sense in the go fund me page. I keep expecting a Nigerian Prince to show up.

Caveat Empor
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if its true, sad and he fucked up
BUT flags raised, No way can passports be issued without BOTH parents signing for them in the embassy in Cambodia and they need be his country passport, and he needs be the legitimate father on paper.
----------------------
For all you expats out there;
1st thing ( well within 6 months) of any westerner's kids being born in ANY foreign country, is get them a passport for your country!!!

Regardless, i call scam

FYI
go fund me created 5 days ago and not $.01raised...of the $15,000 he is asking for
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:45 pm Image
I call bullshit. Why are they in danger here? Its much safer here right now than Cali. Clearly they have two different fathers. The english is another giveaway that its not written by a native speaker.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

A passport is $115.

Scam. That was not written by a native english speaker.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

frizzie77 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:10 pm IF this is genuine, it's probably another Yank who thinks it's a wise idea to pump his genetic shit into some hooker and then finds out he doesn't have the $4000 or thereabouts to 'save' the children. Oh wait, in the text it says he needs $3400, but the 'goal' on the GoFundMe page is $15,000. Hm...

Remember, I said, IF
Give the guy a break. Once the kids are outta danger, the extra $11,600 doesnt go very far once they all get to the US. GoAheadFundHim!
AzalKH
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AzalKH »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:46 am Regardless, i call scam

FYI
go fund me created 5 days ago and not $.01raised...of the $15,000 he is asking for
This. If it was real there would be a handful of friends/family who would have given some scrapings by now. The complete lack of a single donation from back home sinks this.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Marty wrote:Give the guy a break. Once the kids are outta danger, the extra $11,600 doesnt go very far once they all get to the US. GoAheadFundHim!
He and the kids would all be US Citizens. On arrival they would get lots of benefits.

Kids are entitled to free education, and the school will feed the kids breakfast, and lunch on the weekdays, as well as breakfast and lunch on weekends.

In addition, they would be entitled to SNAP (free food card) on top of that.

As a zero income family, they are entitled to section 8 (government paid) housing.

Anyone who gets SNAP gets free internet and free cellphone and cell phone service. Schools are now handing out laptops as well for learning at home since school is cancelled for the rest of the school year.

Once dad files taxes as a zero income household, he will be below the poverty line and get money from the IRS as a once a year windfall.

Did I mention the welfare check every month? And an extra for each child as well.

And of course, free health care.

He and his kids will live better than most villagers in Cambodia.

There’s a reason why people from other countries with way less than $11,600 in their pocket would cross into the US illegally. Every day, every week, every year.

How many illegally cross into Cambodia every year to receive Khmer benefits?

Sorry for the long rant.

I changed my mind. Please don’t fund this Nigerian scammer.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:44 am
Marty wrote:Give the guy a break. Once the kids are outta danger, the extra $11,600 doesnt go very far once they all get to the US. GoAheadFundHim!
He and the kids would all be US Citizens. On arrival they would get lots of benefits.

Kids are entitled to free education, and the school will feed the kids breakfast, and lunch on the weekdays, as well as breakfast and lunch on weekends.

As a zero income family, they are entitled to section 8 (government paid) housing.

Anyone who gets SNAP gets free internet and free cellphone and cell phone service. Schools are now handing out laptops as well for learning at home since school is cancelled for the rest of the school year.

Once dad files taxes as a zero income household, he will be below the poverty line and get money from the IRS as a once a year windfall.

Did I mention the welfare check every month? And an extra for each child as well.

There’s a reason why people from other countries with way less than $11,600 in their pocket would cross into the US illegally. Every day, every week, every year.

Sorry for the long rant.

they wont get shit>>>
Unless he filed a A Consular Report of Birth Abroard (CRBA) which i doubt as thats the 1st step to get a us passport for them, they are NOT Americans
they will have no home, no clothes expect those on their backs, no assistance from the state or federal goverment for a few months ( than maybe food stamps)
free health care....ur fucking joking.. its the usa not Sweden
not to mention, no job.
Nada!!!

Regardless, its bs

:beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:44 am

Sorry for the long rant.

Sounds good. But what about a car? $11,600 doesnt get you very much car these days. GoFundThatDude!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic