Tourist beaten in Phnom Penh by Sethbo Boat Captain

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
bestsmile
Tourist
Australia

Re: Tourist beaten in Phnom Penh by Sethbo Boat Captain

Post by bestsmile »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:41 pm All this over $5 each? Ridiculous, just walk away. It would have made a funny story if it hadn't of got out of hand.I can't believe how petty people are.
It's really a non story. Things have become pretty boring in Cambodia with the lockdown. What a shit post.
Arrogant disregard for blatant cheating of tourists by boat owner is the problem. The woman has right to argue and demand a refund but was beaten. Nobody should stand and watch the male owner beat a woman for complaining about being cheated. Although I only briefly met this woman, it is wrong to 2 ticket sellers attack one person and attempted to smash her head with a plastic chair. Petty or principles? The attack was started by boat owner and his 2 ticket sellers because the woman got angry and decided to demand a refund.

It is gutless to standby and watch a person being beaten on the head by 2 women or man. The excuse that it is petty is great reason to ignore it! Those who can stand and watch acquaintences getting beaten or smashed on the head should of course deserve shit in their face. Lets hope when you get attacked, everyone will just walk by and watch; perhaps even laugh too eh?

Trying to cast doubts, degrading it as petty, or even trying to imagine that it is fake are excuses of cowards not human enough to help. Saving your own skin while ignoring others suffering or die? Detestable creatures. Even dogs defend their peers when attacked. I hardly know the woman being attacked.
bestsmile
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmile »

frizzie77 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 pm
bestsmile wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:38 pm
frizzie77 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:47 am I'm having a bit of a problem with OP's post.

First: why wait 3 days to post the 'incident' here?

Furthermore, if it happened the way described (incl. Cambodians complaining) there should be some video of this incident. Don't tell me Cambodians (or tourists for that matter) don't immediately get their phone's camera running when something like described happens right in front of them and put it on their Facebook account.

Then, there's no complaint on the Facebook page of said boat company: https://www.facebook.com/Sethbo-boat-to ... 890210342/

And on top of all that, OP apparently poses as 'a tourist'. So why is OP also interested in renting a property in Phnom Penh (and by the way, posting that within 40 minutes of the original post at the top of this thread)? See here: post414572.html#p414572

I have a feeling there's something going on, not being told...
You think we are secret spies trying to defame Sethbo Boat Tours? Not all tourists discover this website to report the matter immediately. Those other millions of tourists who did or did not film the incident must be co-conspirators to defame Sethbo Boat Tours too for not posting or reporting this incident IMMEDIATELY online everywhere. You must have been there that late night and never even reported it online. What is your excuse for not filming or reporting it?
Interests in properties must be very important in determining the veracity or doubts on this case too. Highly suspicious, of course. Tourists can never be interested in properties? Your job with FBI must have gotten you a promotion to Cambodian Expat Investigator trying to find out dark hidden secrets behind the case. Maybe you having a high temperature now? Found anything more suspicious in the darkness of your mind?

Can a person can film and record the incident during a fight? The photo of the captain is provided by another person who took the photo BEFORE the incident. Can you please show how to take videos or pic while trying to stop a fight? This is basic lack of IQ. No wonder FBI promoted you to Cambodian Expat. You should also ask the millions of tourists who took videos of the incident why they dont post it on facebook. They are co-conspirators too.
Yes, I find it highly suspicious that you're putting a lot of time in replying to each and everyone in this thread, slagging everyone off who dared to comment, but at the same time with no further proof whatsoever of the 'incident'.
Also interesting is that you apparently have a picture of the people on the boat when cruising the river (although in a strange angle), but nothing of the incident itself.
bestsmile
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmile »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:23 am
jaynewcastle wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:13 pm If they were say in the UK or USA perhaps, and saw an old lady being mugged, would they still pretend they hadn't seen anything ?

You do wonder
I never saw that happen. Here or in Europe. And I was around plenty of shitty places. I've been on those boats dozens of times and never had a problem. So this guy was either very unfortunate or one of the group got cheeky and pissed the boat crew off. :?
Is it the woman who complain that a 1 hour cruise becoming 10 min trip cheeky? Lame excuse, pseudo intellect.
nave
Expatriate

Post by nave »

I am wondering what happened between the landing of the boat and smashing with the chair.
My speculation is "a foreign woman relentlessly shouting out nasty words to the locals"
For sure, scamming and attacking is unacceptable, but there should be a reason for such crazy reaction...
bestsmile
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmile »

Ghostwriter wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:35 am No proof, no confession, let's assume the captain is a dickhead

THE END

I met at least 4 tourists having their phone snatched by motorbike riders. None of them have proof or confessions. Why cant they proof that their phones were snatched? Why dont they have videos of the incident? Millions of tourists must have filmed the incident so why dont they post it on facebook? Some laws in certain countries even require rape victims to have at least 4 male witnesses before their report of rape can be accepted by police. Go travel around and discover how retarded such arguments like yours try to claim pseudo legitimacy for victimising the victims.
These must also be fake, right? Basic IQ is required here. Why would anyone want to report fake incidents? No evidence? No confessions? Highly suspicious?
Absolutely insulting to accuse victims of being HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

willyhilly wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:41 pm All this over $5 each? Ridiculous, just walk away. It would have made a funny story if it hadn't of got out of hand.I can't believe how petty people are.
It's really a non story. Things have become pretty boring in Cambodia with the lockdown. What a shit post.
Ken, your whole existence is a shit post.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
bestsmile
Tourist
Australia

Post by bestsmile »

nave wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:43 am I am wondering what happened between the landing of the boat and smashing with the chair.
My speculation is "a foreign woman relentlessly shouting out nasty words to the locals"
For sure, scamming and attacking is unacceptable, but there should be a reason for such crazy reaction...
I saw the incident from beginning because I was on the same boat and met those 2 other tourists.

Everyone including 4 cambodians and 3 foreigners complained to the captain about the 10min trip. He refused to comment and referred the matter to the ticket seller on the road side because the captain was ordered by the owner to give only 10min trip.

The tourist woman did get into a heated argument demanding a refund with the owner who raised his fists to hit the woman. I stopped him before she got hit but then 2 female ticket sellers attacked the tourist woman and during the ensuing fight, one of them grabbed a plastic chair to smash her on the head while the other pinned her against a tree some distance away. The captain of this boat them came and punched me from behind when I grabbed the plastic chair to prevent her from hitting the woman on the head. I turned around and he hit me again on the face and ran away back to the boat.

Some idiots claim that this incident was HIGHLY SUSPICIOUS because none of the millions of tourists who filmed it post it on face book. If there are millions of tourists watching on shore, why then only 3 tourists on board? Retarded? Why would anyone want to claim that their cell phones were snatched when they have no evidence or video of the incident? They should have at least post the videos from the snatched phones, right? Really need Einstein to explain the logic to some of these FBI agents. Never happened? This is extremely insulting for victims to be accused of faking the incident. Victimising the victim is despicable indeed.
BigDee
Expatriate
Australia

Post by BigDee »

Forget about the reason, Any nuffer that would not intervene when a man raisers his hand to a woman needs to go burry their head in the sand and step away from the key board.

I mean come on, For f@#k sake! Name and same yourselves right here so I know never to come to your assistance if I see you in an altercation.

Have travelled the world and I can tell you now no matter where I am there is no way I am standing by while some lowlife prick strikes a woman.

Lay off the OP
stillhere
Tourist

Post by stillhere »

nothing uglier than victim blaming...
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

Thanks Bonez. What a ridiculous thread. Too many people locked down drinking hand sanitiser?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic