How long before air travel returns?

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

How long before air travel returns?

Post by Doc67 »

Not 100% of what it was and all restrictions lifted; that's a wish too far.

Just back to a situation where people can get to where they want to go, reasonably directly, reasonably priced and without quarantines or other onerous conditions.

I am trying to plan but the last time I did that I got stranded and had to run back to Mother England. I am tentatively thinking I might come back to Phnom Penh by mid June. Maybe I need a reality check and a bit of the wisdom of the crowd.

Thoughts?
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Re: How long before air travel returns?

Post by michael.stewart1 »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 pm Not 100% of what it was and all restrictions lifted; that's a wish too far.

Just back to a situation where people can get to where they want to go, reasonably directly, reasonably priced and without quarantines or other onerous conditions.

I am trying to plan but the last time I did that I got stranded and had to run back to Mother England. I am tentatively thinking I might come back to Phnom Penh by mid June. Maybe I need a reality check and a bit of the wisdom of the crowd.

Thoughts?
Hopefully by May or June. I was thinking if I needed to do a visa run I would
go to Hanoi so I can go see Ho Chi Minh and perhaps meet a few Vietnamese girls that I will meet online.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Global first wave infection peak is in two weeks if USA can squash the curve.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:01 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 pm Not 100% of what it was and all restrictions lifted; that's a wish too far.

Thoughts?
go to Hanoi so I can go see Ho Chi Minh and perhaps meet a few Vietnamese girls that I will meet online.
I don’t see Vietnam welcoming foreigners any time soon. Restrictions have been eased in some Provinces this week but remain firmly in place in most others.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

August if they keep doing what they are doing now.

Sooner if they say f*ck it and change tactics to not keeping people locked in homes to let widespread herd immunity build as advised by independent epidemiologists.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

hanno wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:06 pm

Thoughts?
I don’t see Vietnam welcoming foreigners any time soon. Restrictions have been eased in some Provinces this week but remain firmly in place in most others.
It would be better if China will allow me to apply for Visas soon. I have a school in Guiyang who is waiting for me to teach there and I am eager to do something more productive than stay at home and play pc games. I also want to go buy a house in Russia. I saw the perfect house by a small lake in a small town a few hours away from Moscow. I can imagine how pretty it would be in the winter when everything is covered in snow. and how it would sparkle like diamonds in the sunlight. I would finally get to play hockey again. I would consider buying land and build a house in Cambodia but I cannot own property in Cambodia as I am not a citizen. After dealing with my ex I do not trust buying a house in the name of a wife. I would worry she would kick me out once it is paid for and move her family into it. I would like to build a Roman style Villa with a bathhouse in Ratanakiri and grow cocoa, vanilla, and milk. I am aware that Cocoa is a highly sought after crop and I figure I could grow Vanilla vines on the trunks of the cocoa trees. The cows would be used to produce fertilizer and milk.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

hunter8 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:12 pm August if they keep doing what they are doing now.

Sooner if they say f*ck it and change tactics to not keeping people locked in homes to let widespread herd immunity build as advised by independent epidemiologists.
People are like sheep and do and say whatever their leaders tell them.The following youtube video would sum up perfectly how most people act in western society today..

hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

The above tinfoil hat comment was unnecessary.

Sticking strictly to science, however, which advises that respiratory viral infections are historically best survived by building herd immunity, would be beneficial to most everyone. Unfortunately, that understanding is not prevalent among policy makers yet. Mother nature cannot be duped, however, they are just prolonging realization of the inevitable.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Thoughts?
In your dreams. local flights maybe but european airports will be in lockdown until there is a virus, probably next year. 1 infected person on along haul and you have 500 patients walking off at the end! not to mention getting all the grounded planes checked over, pilots recertified, bringing airport facilities out of mothballs. Tghe llimite dfligths that will be available will be expensive, social distancing probably on board so only 1 third of seats sold. You put your bags away for at least a year before there is any normalcy in international travel
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

I called end of May in a thread start of April still feel I'm going to be right (tap on wood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic