Just got this Email.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
lucathenomad
Expatriate
Italy

Just got this Email.

Post by lucathenomad »

I just received this;

"know, ...., is your password.
I require your 100% attention for the next 24 hours, or I will certainly make sure you that you live out of shame for the rest of your lifetime.

Hey, you do not know me personally. Yet I know just about everything regarding you. Your present fb contact list, phone contacts plus all the online activity in your computer from previous 135 days.

Consisting of, your self pleasure video, which brings me to the primary motive why I am composing this particular e mail to you.

Well the last time you went to see the adult material online sites, my spyware ended up being activated inside your personal computer which ended up shooting a lovely video clip of your self pleasure play simply by activating your web camera.
(you got a seriously strange taste btw haha)

I own the entire recording. Just in case you feel I 'm messing around, just reply proof and I will be forwarding the particular recording randomly to 3 people you know.

It might end up being your friend, co workers, boss, mother and father (I'm not sure! My software program will randomly pick the contacts).

Would you be capable to gaze into anyone's eyes again after it? I question it...

Nonetheless, it does not have to be that route.

I would like to make you a 1 time, non negotiable offer.

Get USD 2000 in bitcoin and send them on the below address:

bc1***q3pkrfnr4qady767hwpesvlzu0v727yt355my23
[CASE SENSITIVE so copy & paste it, and remove *** from it]

(If you do not know how, google how to buy bitcoin. Do not waste my important time)

If you send out this 'donation' (why don't we call this that?). Immediately after that, I will vanish and under no circumstances make contact with you again. I will eliminate everything I have in relation to you. You may continue living your normal day to day life with zero fear.

You have got 1 day to do so. Your time starts as soon you read this email. I have got an one of a kind code that will tell me as soon as you read this e-mail so don't try to play smart."

Anybody seen this before?
The password he cites I actually used years ago.
Any authority I could pass this on to?
Not really worried but a little freaked out :x
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Just got this Email.

Post by frizzie77 »

Had an email like that as well.
Just ignore it.
Funny thing is they claim to have captured webcam pictures. However, I don't have a webcam...

Many passwords are leaked. You can check yours here: https://haveibeenpwned.com/
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

Because I'm relaxing having a coffee I plugged one of those paragraphs into DuckDuckGo, first result was
https://www.bitcoinabuse.com/reports/bc ... ak3xrqfser

And I used the second paragraph, which doesn't mention Bitcoin
Last edited by Clemen on Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
up to you...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Another Nigerian prince ? These spammers send out thousands of messages and hope to target one or two guys who have been wanking online and who will freak out and pay. Block and forget.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic