Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

Post by michael.stewart1 »

I understand that most women in South East Asia making very low wages. For them, dating and marrying a foreign man likely means that they could have better opportunities for her and her family. I suspect that most women I meet in Cambodia who are willing to date me are doing so because they either want to live in the USA or because they view me as an ATM machine.
Using my ex as an example. She quit high school so she could travel to Malaysia. She has few employment prospects outside of working in bars, nightclubs, and similar jobs. When she is working she will end up working 12 hour days 7 days a week and make like 300 if she is lucky. Her family are farmers from Pursat and Kompong chnnang and they are one step away from disaster.
Compared to myself. I have a BA in Political science with a GPA of 3.5. I have a passive income of 1400 a month. My father was a mechanical engineer and was a drill sergeant in the US Army. My mother was a Biologist and is retired now. My parents owned a house and half an acre of land. We grew our own vegetables and fruits similar to her family. My grandparents lived close to me when i was a child. I could walk to their house which would take me 15 minutes. I would actually have to put effort into failing any class in school. I have about 30000USD in savings and 17000 in treasury bonds.
While we were dating I started analyzing what each of us would get out of our relationship. I was providing her with a place to live, health care, food, 500USd per month,and trips to Thailand and Vietnam. After we married she might have an opportunity to go to the USA and if we had children they could go to college in the USA paid for by the US government.
what i would get from her is possibly Cambodian citizenship, a young and attractive brown-skinned Cambodian girlfriend/wife, and someone who would drive me places, cook my meals,and clean my home.
She really does not offer me much. She was boring to talk to as all she could talk about is how her boobs and butt got bigger and Selena Gomez. She was attractive but give her 10to 20 years and she would be all wrinkly. Some of her manners are odd. Things such as the snorting instead of blowing her nose in a tissue, remaining quiet about an issue instead of directly confronting it and her having thousands of male men on facebook who she sends nude photos too and would talk about our sex life with. She had little interest when i would cook meals for her. I would make homemade pizzas, empanadas, Linguini in a Veloute Sauce with sauteed chicken breast, Lahmacun, Fried Chicken, homemade lasagna with a ragu, noodles and bechamel sauce all homemade. She would never eat the desserts I would make. One Valentine day i made shortbread cookies cut into heart. I filled them with caramel and dipped them in Chocolate. She would not eat my Boston cream pies, german chocolate cake, or tres de leche cake. SHe did not even try my homemade toffees, ice creams, or sodas. Meals were basically always the same . Rice and strips of meat and once in a while she would eat crab. Everything would be way too spicy. If i eat crab I want to eat it like a person from New england would eat it. I loved eating stuffed crab or crab bisque. She would never use my soaps despite them doing exactly the same thing that her 40USD lotions would do. My skin was softer than hers when using my soap. She would get angry when i did not take her advice about something but she never would take mine either. She would rather spend 300.00 a month on pimple cream than use vinegar which would solve the problem within a month and would cost at the most 10.00 a bottle. I do not need a woman to wash my clothes, clean my house and drive me places. I can easily do those things myself and do it that way i like. I like my home smelling like a hospital.
when i would go visit her family their children were like little trolls. They would torment kittens and puppies. Every so often the parents would throw the kittens like it was the kitten who asked their rugrats to pull their tails. Kittens loved me there because they knew that I would pet them, play with them and protect them from the little children. Her family came to my house for dinner once and rather then sit at the table they wanted to sit on the floor. I am used to sitting at a table and have pleasant dinner conversations. Somewhere where everyone knows how to use a napkin, does not eat with their mouth open and do not have their elbows on the table.
Should I expect that every woman i date in Cambodia is going to be a poor farm girl who is going to expect me to support her entire family of prehistoric cave people from a land time forgot? So far this is my experience dating women in Asia. I would love to meet nice career-oriented women who come from an educated family who is willing to contribute financially to our relationship and who can hold a conversation that is mentally stimulating. when i was in Peru I dated a woman who once told me I was the first man who could explain to her how to extract and enrich Uranium so that it can be formed into pellets for Nuclear reactors or weapons.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

Post by hunter8 »

Short answer: yes.
Once you let this sink in, you will never again be disappointed about women. Enjoy them for what they are, not for what you think they should be.
BR549
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

Post by BR549 »

Vaya con dios chico.
Eres pinche loco.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

hunter8 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm Short answer: yes.
Once you let this sink in, you will never again be disappointed about women. Enjoy them for what they are, not for what you think they should be.
what you are saying is that I should probably marry a snake instead. At least if i married a cobra she would bring me mice and dance for me every so often. I would also be aware of her being venomous and backstabking.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:21 pm
hunter8 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm Short answer: yes.
what you are saying is that I should probably marry a snake instead. At least if i married a cobra she would bring me mice and dance for me every so often. I would also be aware of her being venomous and backstabking.
Marriage is a stupid idea, whoever.
cptrelentless
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by cptrelentless »

The concept of love is just a side-effect of oxytocin, anyhow. Have them perform activities that increase the level.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Anyone else getting bored of this guy?
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

cptrelentless wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:24 pm The concept of love is just a side-effect of oxytocin, anyhow. Have them perform activities that increase the level.
I get more stimulated walking into a place that sells centrifuges, microscopes and laboratory beakers than i do with a human woman. The most stimulating time i had in the last year was when i went to the industrial chemical store on st 107 and saw Hydrochloric acid, Sulfuric acid and Hydrofluoric acid. If only if i could find some Uranium. I could have a working nuclear reactor built within 6 month.
Clemen
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clemen »

You should assume they're dating you for your mad Minecraft skillz
up to you...
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:32 pm
cptrelentless wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:24 pm The concept of love is just a side-effect of oxytocin, anyhow. Have them perform activities that increase the level.
I get more stimulated walking into a place that sells centrifuges, microscopes and laboratory beakers than i do with a human woman. The most stimulating time i had in the last year was when i went to the industrial chemical store on st 107 and saw Hydrochloric acid, Sulfuric acid and Hydrofluoric acid. If only if i could find some Uranium. I could have a working nuclear reactor built within 6 month.
Yes, well, they probably feel the same about you but even worse.
I suspect that IRL you don't date at all, but you dream of android sheep. Could you stop posting your imaginary dating fantasies on CEO ? As someone else has said, it's getting repetitive. :tumbleweed:
We can't help you, so why not join a Chinese or Russian or android online dating site ? Good luck. ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic