Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Re: Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

Post by michael.stewart1 »

TeachingForPeanuts wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:54 pm
her having thousands of male men on facebook who she sends nude photos too and would talk about our sex life with.
How did you meet such a lass? I assume online since you never leave your apartment.
I always meet women i have dated online. I do not know any other places to meet women for matrimonial purposes. If I started asking random women I meet on the street they will likely think I am a creep. I never ask women I meet to go on dates and oddly I say no to women who ask me to go on dates or dance with them. Be surprised at how many times women have asked me if I were gay. Interestingly after downing an absinthe o at a club in Sao Paulo Brazil, I had enough courage to slow dance with a Brazilian woman and after kissing her got her phone number.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

Post by newkidontheblock »

OP. - maybe you haven’t met the one born for you. Or maybe you have and let her get away.

She’ll be the perfect complement to your personality and lifestyle and you’ll be the perfect one to hers. Your dreams will be her dreams and her dreams will be yours.

Keep looking, don’t give up.

Missus first attempt at spaghetti.

Having her nieces and nephews make a sign to my parents in time of covid-19.

Her playing with photoshop.

Is her cutesy style for everyone?
Absolutely not. It’s for me, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

John Bingham wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:03 pm
michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:07 pm Compared to myself. I have a BA in Political science with a GPA of 3.5.........
Sure, but what else do you do? You seem to be mostly into playing video games and walking around a bit? Do you socialize much? How is your Khmer ? There for sure are better and more educated women around than the ex you describe, but whether they would even be interested is another matter. Many better educated women here will be extremely conservative too and you are unlikely to even encounter them unless you are a very gregarious type. I know some through work, they are all very nice but would bore me to tears if I had to talk to any for more than 10 minutes. Others I've met around have been more fun but too young for me to find stimulating. :?
I am not really a social person. I do not like going to parties because i will get bored after 15 minutes and want to go home. I do not tend to hang around other guys much as i figure all they will want to do is watch sports, drink beer and talk about women all-day. I can get around the market with my khmer and I can translate Khmer into Chinese and Portuguese. I am ok with the more conservative women. Especially if they are Muslim. I tend to like it when women wear traditional Islamic dress and I really do not like to eat Pork and hate being pressured to drink . Many times when i am invited to drink I will tell people I am Muslim so they won't ask again. I actually prefer the Cambodian villages to Phnom Penh. I am always worried I will get hit by car and die in Phnom Penh. In the villages, they drive cows which are not as likely to run me over. I am a Paranoid Schizophrenic with a trace of Psychopathy. I tend to think everyone I meet is going to either rob me, kill me, kidnap me, or hurt me in some way so tend not to want to be in public places where there are alot of people around. ALthough i like being in the smaller villages I am worried there that I would be abducted by aliens especially at night which is why I am up all night playing video games. I play video games because there is nothing else for me to do. I do not have a lab available where I can do experiments, I do not have a workshop where I can build things or take things apart so I can figure out how they work, and i do not have a garden where i can grow things so I am stuck on my computer. I know i likely bore women I meet because I tend to want to talk about science, investment banking, history, astronomy, nuclear engineering,and chemistry, and would rather go to a museum, opera, or theater than cinema. Plus I am aware in Asia women want to live in cities and not in rural areas. I want to live in rural areas because i understand the land is cheaper and I could build a larger house there. There is more for me to explore in rural areas and if i had children i do not have to worry as much if they are playing in the street or if pedophile will attack them. Once my ex asked me to purchase a 50000 condominium and I asked her why would i want to spend 50000 on a little room when I could build a nice house with that and be able to customize it how i want. I tend to like snakes, reptiles,scorpions, millipedes, and tokay lizards and I am afraid of worms so women will think I am odd and wimpy.
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:50 am OP. - maybe you haven’t met the one born for you. Or maybe you have and let her get away.

She’ll be the perfect complement to your personality and lifestyle and you’ll be the perfect one to hers. Your dreams will be her dreams and her dreams will be yours.

Keep looking, don’t give up.

Missus first attempt at spaghetti.

Having her nieces and nephews make a sign to my parents in time of covid-19.

Her playing with photoshop.

Is her cutesy style for everyone?
Absolutely not. It’s for me, and I wouldn’t want it any other way.
I do think i let her getaway. my greatest regret in life is saying no to the cute young Brazilian woman who proposed to me 13 years ago. I knew she was crazy about me because she would tell me how we could to back to brazil and have a village and that if i gave her money she would spend it on things that would please me. After I met her I loved Latinas and actually went to Brazil to find another woman like her. I am really big into PDA. My ex did not like it when I wanted to neck with her in the back of the Tuk Tuk. I am used to seeing couples necking on the subway and when they go to the beach.
TeachingForPeanuts
Expatriate

Post by TeachingForPeanuts »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:50 am

This is what you're paying her to do instead of nursing?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:50 am OP. - maybe you haven’t met the one born for you. Or maybe you have and let her get away.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Should i suspect that most women i date in Cambodia or South East Asia are dating me out of survival and not love?

Post by rozzieoz »

Love is measured differently here.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

There are many levels of love in the Kingdom of Wonder.

Some foreigners pay for love. Some by the day, some by the hour. Others want to measure love.
Maybe the love they are seeking is has a clear price tag and ingredients list, like vegemite at the market. Even most Khmer don’t get the one perfect for them, and they settle. Subsequently, cheating is rampant. I don’t want that kind of love.

I’m lucky to find the one for me. It’s been a long search. There’s been bumps and dead ends along the way.

Sorry if describing my thoughts are so poor and inadequate. Missus is the one with the gift of speech.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:21 pm
hunter8 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:08 pm Short answer: yes.
Once you let this sink in, you will never again be disappointed about women. Enjoy them for what they are, not for what you think they should be.
what you are saying is that I should probably marry a snake instead. At least if i married a cobra she would bring me mice and dance for me every so often. I would also be aware of her being venomous and backstabking.
Yes.
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

it's perfectly normal for hot, attractive young women, to date ugly, unattractive males with low status - happens all the time!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic