Free flow wine tonight at Khéma Pasteur

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Free flow wine tonight at Khéma Pasteur

Post by Nicolas »

Hi everyone, this is not advertised on social media or elsewhere, more like a secret deal.
Thursday evening every dinners can enjoy a complimentary free flow wine. Just order what you want from the menu and wine on us.
This is because we have to cancel the Thursday’s wine and cheese buffet nights, so to please our regulars we offer the wine regardless of your meal order.
Wines are our selection imported from France, HobNob, Fournier, etc. Same selection from the wine and cheese.

Info posted here and nowhere else, I’m thinking about more secret deals in the future, just for CEO members. Any ideas?

See you tonight! (Thursday 16th April)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Nicolas on Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Free flow wine tonight at Khéma Pasteur

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Hello Nicolas.

Because of Covid I've not been able to get back to Khema La Poste since January 2020 - more is the pity.

But I have a question for you - Your House Red wine sold by the glass - What is it by name please? It has to be one of the most pleasant, smooth-drinking red wines sold by the glass at any fine dining restaurant I know. I believe it is a house "special" from memory.

OML
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Ot Mean Loi wrote:Hello Nicolas.

Because of Covid I've not been able to get back to Khema La Poste since January 2020 - more is the pity.

But I have a question for you - Your House Red wine sold by the glass - What is it by name please? It has to be one of the most pleasant, smooth-drinking red wines sold by the glass at any fine dining restaurant I know. I believe it is a house "special" from memory.

OML
Hi!
Khéma house wine is normally Hob Nob https://www.hobnobwines.com we import from France. Depending on the month the red house wine will flip from a Cabernet to a Pinot Noir or a Blend because stock reasons. Personally I prefer the blend or the Cabernet Sauvignon.
Check your PM I have a great tip for you Image

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Nicolas wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:52 am Hi everyone, this is not advertised on social media or elsewhere, more like a secret deal.
Thursday evening every dinners can enjoy a complimentary free flow wine. Just order what you want from the menu and wine on us.
This is because we have to cancel the Thursday’s wine and cheese buffet nights, so to please our regulars we offer the wine regardless of your meal order.
Wines are our selection imported from France, HobNob, Fournier, etc. Same selection from the wine and cheese.

Info posted here and nowhere else, I’m thinking about more secret deals in the future, just for CEO members. Any ideas?

Here's an idea, keep posting here! I am already planning a trip for the free-flow lunch challenge and the idea of free flowing wine with food is also very tempting.

Can you post a menu? And is it the same for both Pasteur and La Poste?
Ot Mean Loi
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ot Mean Loi »

Hello again Nicolas

Thank you for your online reply and also for your personal message; both very much appreciated.

As an Australian, I am by nature a drinker of Cabernet Sauvignon and this is what I believe I drank and enjoyed on my last visit to Khema la Poste. It was softer and smoother than the full bodied traditional Australian Cabernet Sauvignon.

Australia is somewhat out of favor with France at the moment and our relationship is, shall we say, underwater for the time being, but none the less I shall try and find that wine in a wine importers stock.

OML
Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Ot Mean Loi wrote:Hello again Nicolas

Thank you for your online reply and also for your personal message; both very much appreciated.

As an Australian, I am by nature a drinker of Cabernet Sauvignon and this is what I believe I drank and enjoyed on my last visit to Khema la Poste. It was softer and smoother than the full bodied traditional Australian Cabernet Sauvignon.

Australia is somewhat out of favor with France at the moment and our relationship is, shall we say, underwater for the time being, but none the less I shall try and find that wine in a wine importers stock.

OML
I love Cabernet Sauvignon too, especially when it comes free flow with unlimited platters of cheeses and cold cuts. Crossing fingers we will resume this soon!

There’s no hard feelings between France and Australia, all the drama was just politics to send a message to Biden. “We are pissed, make it right” kind of thing. Australia is an amazing country.

Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

Doc67 wrote:
Nicolas wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:52 am Hi everyone, this is not advertised on social media or elsewhere, more like a secret deal.
…/…

Here's an idea, keep posting here! I am already planning a trip for the free-flow lunch challenge and the idea of free flowing wine with food is also very tempting.

Can you post a menu? And is it the same for both Pasteur and La Poste?
This is the actuel all you can eat menu, not buffet, actual real dishes served at your table.
New dishes will be added in a couple of days, a rotation a guess.

Please share your experience and dishes feedback. What “wasn’t that great” type of feedback, that will help to improve.

For example I tried the avocado and prawn salad, what a joke: only one prawn. The avocado was great, I enjoyed it, but seriously ONE prawn, LOL.
I wouldn’t recommend the basque omelet, too dry and too big, the baked poached egg florentine is way better.
Crème caramel very very good, but too flat so it was challenging to scoop it with a spoon.

Nicolas
Expatriate
France

Post by Nicolas »

I forgot the menu

Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Nicolas wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:15 am For example I tried the avocado and prawn salad, what a joke: only one prawn. The avocado was great, I enjoyed it, but seriously ONE prawn, LOL.
Mmmh it says avocatS & crevetteS en Francais, but avocado & prawn in English, plural Vs single.

Double standards / portion depending on spoken language ? :stir:
Spoiler:
Fishing quotas backstabbing mode on
Cambodave
Tourist
Singapore

Post by Cambodave »

Hi Nicolas,

I just arrived in Cambodia yesterday. A friend brought me to Khéma Pasteur today but unfortunately the it was full. Just wanted to say the restaurant looks great and I hope to go down to try the food some time soon! Should I make a reservation before I go down next time?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic