Has Trump blown his chance of re-election?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Re: Has Trump blown his chance of re-election?

Post by Marty »

Big Daikon wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:03 pm Biden? Are the Dems throwing the fight?
Possibly. Besides being a goofball there are sex allegations against him. I suppose Trump has enough money to payoff those he grabbed by the pussy.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Jcml19 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:28 am
pczz wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:16 am Winston CHurchill said the problem with democracy is that you have to let idiots vote.
Both the gingerbread man and barmy Boris are (or are advised by) excellent manipulators who can exploit peoples fears and twist everything.
God example recently.
Concur completely.. i mentioned it in the beginning, gingerman is a master marketeer and like boris knows the power of fear.

Im not a fan of that type of politics or strategy bc of the downstream effect. Kf hilbilly is spot on bc the general public is generally blind or simply refuses to think critically outside of their own silo...

The reality star would have been a shoe in if he locked down the states at the onset... It would have limited eco impact. His regulation reductions a good thing but i didnt agree with the tax policy of the deficit balloon. Then again im not a supply sider... Demand demand demand..

Time for a beer!!!
I don't think people are blind. many are badlyeducated and believe what they are told by the media without question. We alos live in a very didvided society in the so called democracies where a minority own most of the wealth. many people really don't concern themselves about politics because they have enough of problem getting through to the next payday. There is also the personality issue. I think most people who voted for Boris did so because they considered the alternative worst. Sort of having to choose between hitler and stalin, and Bporis PR department milked it. But do we have a democracy? he got 43% of the vote and 80% of the seats so so 57% have no more say than in China
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Not when his opponent is potentially going into office at the age of 78 and up for re-election at the age of 82. Sad indictment of the American money driven political process that a couple of near 80 year olds were the best the Democrats felt they could offer. When I googled his age he's actually Joe Biden Jnr :D
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
crob
Expatriate
Australia

Post by crob »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:16 pm waiting to see who Biden chooses to be his running mate, (my vote goes to Elizabeth Warren)
he needs someone to pull in other voters and someone the american people will be happy with to run the country once he dies, as no way would he make it 4 years.

Its going to be you vote either for trump or against him
I'm concerned Hillary will swoop in last minute to be his vice, then give him a heart attack a few weeks after the election.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

nemo wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:26 pm Rather remarkable the profound illiteracy of many Americans. There seems to be a correlation of paranoid conspiracy theorizing, lack of logic, and notable inability to exercise critical thinking. The inability to spell simple words, or use even basic grammar is telling.

Of course most of them are vocal partisans of a particular persuasion.

I am grateful that my own personal involvement with such an embarrassing mess is minimal.
How typical of the anti Trumpers, whose entire weltanshauung is hatred of the man who will destroy their leftist dreams, to again attack the intelligence of those of us who will again vote for him.

But hey, here is your ignorant, redneck, conspiracy theorist two pronged response from a Trump voter in all his prancing knobness: What you say about folks is meaningless, because when you resort to ad hominems, you already lost the argument. Further, since you are a Brit, what you say doesnt count anyway because you guys will do what you are told to do by us...by the Big Orange....
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Trump's latest polling numbers show he isn't as invincible as he thinks he is

Why has Trump's rally been small and short? It may be in part because his public statements about the pandemic have been so confused and unhelpful. Trump rarely expresses sympathy for those who have lost loved ones in the pandemic, instead using his frequent press conferences to boast about himself or yell at reporters. His public health advice is transparently ignorant, terrible and dangerous; he essentially recommended that people inject bleach to fight the virus last week. He has done his best to run through people's goodwill as quickly as possible.

But that’s also a story which is true of Trump generally, much as his detractors may deny it. His post-inauguration honeymoon bump dissipated almost instantly, and he's spent the bulk of his presidency between 38 and 43 per cent approval — dismal numbers, especially considering that till now there's been no recession during his tenure. He's generally been dead last in approval compared to all other presidents at comparable points in their terms.

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/tr ... 88586.html

And for some detailed numbers
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/tr ... l-ratings/
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

How typical of the anti Trumpers, whose entire weltanshauung
Perhaps learn to spell foreign words before you attempt to use them.
It makes you appear literate if consistent.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Trump is at his highest approval rating yet. Dont believe the hype.
He will win the next election by a landslide.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic