Has Trump blown his chance of re-election?

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Longhaul12
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Has Trump blown his chance of re-election?

Post by Longhaul12 »

I absolute agree Phuket richard, but so where do we go from here? Because I feel this is situation we find ourselves in, in regards to many western democracy’s, do we take to the streets and start marching? Do we refuse to continue work? How do we get or go about trying to achieve justified change in this current predicament?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

So in summary,

Trump follows the WHO advice in the beginning and gets slammed for downplaying the virus.
We later discover the WHO was parroting the narrative being set by China.
Trump slams the WHO for being China-centric and the media loses its collective mind and all of a sudden the advice coming from the WHO in the early stages of the pandemic have been forgotten while focusing non-stop on what Trump said and did on the advice of the WHO.

By election time this pandemic will be over.. mostly, and heads will have rolled at the WHO... either forcibly or by agreement, it really doesn’t matter.
At election time the country will be back to work and everything around the economy will be heading up.
That alone will be a hard fight for Biden.
And let’s not forget that historically sitting presidents have a statistical advantage of securing a 2nd term... the reasons why probably deserve a separate thread. But nevertheless, the advantage is with Trump.

Icing on the cake would be those western countries most affected by this pandemic to unite against China.. and thus with Trump... and the proposals currently being discussed on how best to go ahead with reparations, if they solidify, can only boost his chances.

Edits for fat finger syndrome on an iPad and auto correct put in advise instead of advice!
Last edited by IraHayes on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Hes doing a great job and will be reelected in a landslide.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Brody »

I'm always astounded at the proportion of non Americans that ruminate, analyze and navel-gaze about the United States, here on CEO.

Underneath all your snide, disdainful, arm-chair quarterbacking.....you guys really care.

It must be that...........you really care about us.

It's kind of heartwarming and if I could, I'd fast track you all for citizenship processing.........which beneath all your covetous vitriol...you yearn to be one of us. :thumb:

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, chaps.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

WildA wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:10 pm Hes doing a great job and will be reelected in a landslide.
Reporter: Why did you retweet a hashtag #FireFauci?
TRUMP: "I retweeted somebody. I don't know. They said fire-- it doesn't matter."

Reporter 2: Did you notice that when you retweeted it?
TRUMP: "Yeah, I notice everything."

Surely doing a great job. Just called him and he told me he's doing a great job.
hunter8
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by hunter8 »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:34 pm I'm always astounded at the proportion of non Americans that ruminate, analyze and navel-gaze about the United States, here on CEO.

Underneath all your snide, disdainful, arm-chair quarterbacking.....you guys really care.

It's kind of heartwarming and if I could, I'd fast track you all for citizenship processing.........which beneath all your covetous vitriol...you yearn to be one of us. :thumb:

Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Biden? Are the Dems throwing the fight?
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Post by IraHayes »

Brody wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:34 pm I'm always astounded at the proportion of non Americans that ruminate, analyze and navel-gaze about the United States, here on CEO.

Not sure if sarcasm but yeah... not perfect by a long chalk but I do have a fondness for America. I think it’s your patriotism that appeals to me. But then the Aussie mind-set also appeals. One day I may visit the states but there is so much I would want to see and experience that finding the time would be difficult.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

There are people who will vote for trump whatever he says or does. If he was filmed setting fire to an orphanage and at the same time strangling a kitten they would still vote for him, the question is why ?
answers on a post card :stir:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Of course people care about America. Criticism of a politicians is normal in many countries, it shouldn't be taken as criticism of the whole place and people.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic