Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

This is a load of shit. Cambodia is still 100x cheaper than any western country. Rent where I live is $1,000 per month for a small 1bed 1bath apartment. Meals are $8-$20 per meal. Transport is easily $20 for an uber even for a closer venue. The expats saying Cambodia isn’t cheap forgot where they came from.

It’s still incredibly cheap and Cambodia isn’t on the fast track to development especially now with corona but even before the development is still 20-50 years away from even coming close to becoming a first world nation.

Come back to the west for a few months and then see if you still think Cambodia “isn’t cheap” anymore. Come on....

And don’t forget the western women, hahaha you’ll spend more on western women in the west than a Khmer girl any day of the week and the Khmer girl is fit and sexy and the western girl is an overweight slag.

Get a grip dudes CAMBODIA IS CHEAP AND A MANS PARADISE
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?

Post by Kammekor »

For someone who's not living in Cambodia you seem pretty well informed.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Guess what? Many of us travel back west from time to time, so we are quite aware of price differences. Have you ever actually been in Cambodia? Bought a property, car, even groceries? And GTFOH with your BS about western women, you sound like an Incel.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cambodia was never cheap, ( and getting more expensive yearly) unless u enjoy $.50 beer, cigarettes,$1 motos and lousy food.

Agree with John above, you ever been in Cambodia an priced anything??

Dam said it once, say it again...
I want my down button
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:13 am Guess what? Many of us travel back west from time to time, so we are quite aware of price differences. Have you ever actually been in Cambodia? Bought a property, car, even groceries? And GTFOH with your BS about western women, you sound like an Incel.
Western women are fat, ugly, disgusting and liberated. Many of them are so overweight it’s embarrassing to call myself an American. I’ve dated plenty for many years, far from any incel. I’m sure your a woman with your response.
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

:twisted:
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:55 am Cambodia was never cheap, ( and getting more expensive yearly) unless u enjoy $.50 beer, cigarettes,$1 motos and lousy food.

I want my down button
Lol give me an instance where Cambodia is more expensive than the west? You must be incredibly broke or something to say “Cambodia is expensive” yeah it’s real expensive when you can rent a 4bed 2bath house at around 500-600 per months wow so expensive dude
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:12 am For someone who's not living in Cambodia you seem pretty well informed.
Nice argument. I’m sure it’s a sarcastic response. Why are you broke backpackers complaining?
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Cambodia is cheaper than the US in many ways, but as mentioned, it all depends on what you want. If I'm looking to eat western food, it's not all that much cheaper really. Even cooking at home and buying food in the supermarket, many prices for western ingredients are the same or sometimes more than in western countries. My apartment is cheaper, but electric is still about the same $50+/month. I do enjoy going to cheap local restaurants some, so that's nice, but there's only so much Southeast Asian rice based food(much of which is basically the same) you want to eat if you're from the west. Booze is cheaper. Overall, things are cheaper, but not Hugely so, and you make a lot more money living in the US, so the difference isn't what you think. Why don't you come try it out before starting weird angry rant threads about something you don't know about. Just try not to be a total douche or a blatant sex tourist while you're here. There are enough of those giving westerners a bad name already, and it sounds like it could be an issue based on some of your comments.

If you're just here for a short vacation, it would definitely be cheaper than vacationing in the US or Europe, etc. Hotel rooms are cheap(especially now!) and you'll be happy eating cheap street food for a week or two.

..Why the fuck would you pay $20 for an uber anywhere on a regular basis? And I'm guessing you live in a smaller town. If you live in a city and aren't going far, an uber is going to probably cost you $6. If you're traveling far regularly, get a car or take a bus and don't spend your money stupidly on expensive uber rides.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:55 am Cambodia was never cheap, ( and getting more expensive yearly) unless u enjoy $.50 beer, cigarettes,$1 motos and lousy food.

I want my down button
I think it’s what you compare it to. I split my time fairly equally between Hong Kong, Manila and PP.
PP is BY FAR the cheapest place.
I don’t rent a place but I would say that for a 1,000USD per month condo in PP, you would easily pay 7,000- 9,000USD in Hong Kong.

Pint in HK: 10USD
Dinner for two (at Oskar, entrees, bottle of wine): USD 50 - similar place in HK: USD 150
Privat school per year: 20,000 USD and more

It’s really all relative...
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

CryptoAddict_ wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:16 amWestern women are fat, ugly, disgusting and liberated. Many of them are so overweight it’s embarrassing to call myself an American. I’ve dated plenty for many years, far from any incel. I’m sure your a woman with your response.
Haha. Your trolling is backfiring when you out yourself for dating fat, ugly, disgusting women, and apparently having sex with them. And yeah, I'm guessing I was right about the small town. Sexist, upset by "liberated" women making your poor life so hard, everyone's fat, and you don't have a car. Hmm... I'm gonna say you're probably from the south too?
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic