Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

AndyKK wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:43 am
John Bingham wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:02 am
CryptoAddict_ wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:54 am I can basically live like a Cambodian very cheap even in my own country. So I guess I could make Cambodia very cheap for me. most expats wouldn’t be able to live like me, I’m very disciplined compared to most on this forum
Give it a break, you have never even been here and now you reckon you can do it all better than anyone? Do you know how ridiculous you seem?
But the point is most people don't want to live on the cheap like you CryptoAddict, its one thing to save a few pennies, but making yourself miserable just is not worth it.
Exercising a healthy diet may be living miserable to some. But I’d call it truly living. Eating nothing but rice, fish and select seafoods(sushi, oysters, crab, calamari) this is truly living and you will feel more alive than you do now. Eating fat ass western greasy food will not only kill you but it will also make you miserable all the way to the grave.
Trust me
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

CryptoAddict_ wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:54 am I can basically live like a Cambodian very cheap even in my own country. So I guess I could make Cambodia very cheap for me. most expats wouldn’t be able to live like me, I’m very disciplined compared to most on this forum
Give it a break, you have never even been here and now you reckon you can do it all better than anyone? Do you know how ridiculous you seem?
I said I’m more disciplined I never said “I can do it better” please read before stating outlandish claims. I can live the same way I live in the west, in the East. There’s nothing to it. I know you guys are stereotypical euros and Americans who love their high fat diet that will clog your arteries and weigh down your organs until you have hypertension and a stroke at 55 years old. I’m different, is all I’m saying.. old man.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

CryptoAddict_ wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:15 am
I said I’m more disciplined I never said “I can do it better” please read before stating outlandish claims. I can live the same way I live in the west, in the East. There’s nothing to it. I know you guys are stereotypical euros and Americans who love their high fat diet that will clog your arteries and weigh down your organs until you have hypertension and a stroke at 55 years old. I’m different, is all I’m saying.. old man.
:facepalm: :please:
How do u know how Khmers live? or how anyone on this forum lives?
I'd say 90% of expats in SE Asia eat a compromise between western and eastern foods

I'll never give up my Cheeseburgers & cereal :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:35 am
CryptoAddict_ wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:15 am
:facepalm: :please:
How do u know how Khmers live? or how anyone on this forum lives?
I'd say 90% of expats in SE Asia eat a compromise between western and eastern foods

I'll never give up my Cheeseburgers & cereal :beer3:
You can easily study Khmer culture to know how most khmers live. I haven’t had a cheeseburger in 2 years, sure I miss it. But I don’t miss the negative health effects of eating a high fat diet. It’s simply not worth the “good taste” to have several health problems down the line
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic