Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

truffledog wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:41 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:01 am
truffledog wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:16 pm We all have different lifestyle and different needs. Pussy and beer price seems to be a very strong point with many expats who decide to move to Cambodia. If it is the only two criteria applied to where you want to live you are a looser in my eyes and probably the reason why you cant get a decent woman in an "expensive" country.
some of us just have yellow fever my friend, one must feed the addiction, there is no cure
O:-)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , very nice pic.

If you dont need to pay for decent sex having a wunderful wife you could invest all that pile of prostitue cash with Cyrptodude who will surely make them multiply with his huge knowledge of markets and therefore allow yourself to drink good wine instead of cheap beer and live in a house with a cooled swimming pool. There are many ways that lead to happiness.
Beats having the teach for a living in a third world country. I guess some of us thrive and others just get by
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:52 am
CryptoAddict_ wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:44 pm
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:34 pm your problem mate is in your topic title..."Why are people saying Cambodia isn’t cheap anymore?"
Cambodia isnt as cheap as it used to be, fact, the prices have gone up, but everything has remained the same,
yes its still cheaper than the west, but so is the quality,
rose tinted glasses and all that
just out of curiosity when did you first visit cambodia?
I’ve only been to Thailand and just because something is more expensive now is not an indicator of future prices, markets fluctuate. I’m into stocks and crypto I know more about markets than probably a lot of people. Prices haven’t really gone up imo when you can get meals for $2, beers for .50c and a $100 a month apartment and the occasional bang from a hot 18 year old girl for $60, I’m curious what you guys would consider cheap if you consider these prices expensive?
hahaha so where you getting your pricing info from? good luck with that :ROFL: :facepalm:
tbh corner bar actually still does 50c beers during the daytime, but it goes up to $2.50 after 7pm :roll:

if you could find an apartment for $100 it would be that much of a shit heap.....i thought you wanted a better quality of life? :facepalm:
Wow 2.50 u say? Wow so expensive.
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

pczz wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:33 am
CryptoAddict_ wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:57 pm
Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:34 pm
CryptoAddict_ wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:02 pm My point is quality of life + cost of living is far better in Asia, period. And no one can argue that
I think many of us worked that out years ago and that's why we're here. One thing I have noticed is that many expats discuss prices as if inflation is a concept that isn't expected to apply to Asia.
Exactly. That’s basically the point I was trying to make. This has been an entertaining thread in my eyes
Your issue is you are working in USD. The USD has gone down against the baht, making thailand more expensive. IF you are working in GBP or EURO the strength of the dollar means you getless bucks for your cash, making cambodia expensive. When I came 6 years ago i was getting $1.60 for £1, now its around £1.25. thats a a big hit.
By comparison i have lived in greece last year where my rent was less than cambodia, my cigarettes and beer were the same price as Thailand. Cooking for myself was about the same cost, eating out was arounf 6 euros fora decnt meal. As for girls, well there are certain establishments where good looking eastern european womne are availbleforabout 30 euro.
Bcak to UK and i am spending about the same as I did in Cambodia. i have a room in a longstay hotel all in £450 but my food is way cheaper than any western food is in asia. Before the lockdown eating out around £6-£8. Beer is about the same in as thaialand if you work out the price per litre, but I don't drink. Plenty of east european women also available. Cigarettes are a kiler at £8+ a pack
In the main i do not think Asia is cheap anymore except for cigarettes, beer and women. Of course if you take into account things like car insurance it goes up, but a serviceable 15 year old car can be had for under £1000, way cheaper than Thailand or Cambodia. Motorbikes are the same. A good 500cc can be bought around £1000. Of course, if you are American and get your income in USD its not sobad as it is for other nationalities. The plus side is we have plenty of women who are not fat or ugly, which seems to be an advantage for us over americans from what you say. try asking the gingerbread man to let some more east europeans in and you will findthe benefits of immigration :-)
I’m fine with more europeans coming to America. And yes you are correct makets fluctuate lol
CryptoAddict_
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by CryptoAddict_ »

Bluewaterknight wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:41 am
CryptoAddict_ wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:57 am This is a load of shit. Cambodia is still 100x cheaper than any western country. Rent where I live is $1,000 per month for a small 1bed 1bath apartment. Meals are $8-$20 per meal. Transport is easily $20 for an uber even for a closer venue.
You are being ripped off 😂😂. If you are paying those prices you must be the idiot of the town.... leave Cambodia now!!!!
Please practice reading comprehension..
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:31 pm
hunter8 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:23 pm We all know what is now and what was before. Now, let’s have a thinking exercise of which things will be cheaper and what will become more expensive in 6 months, after the current events have made an impact on the economy. For sure, prices can’t stay the same.
what has gotten cheaper than before in the past 15 years? Nothing i can recall
what has gotten more expensive? Just about everything, (disregarding exchange rate)

I can possible see land/condo prices dropping thou
Can only come up with one... Fuel is very cheap now. only 2,500 r today. Used to be in high 3,000's or even 4,000's.

The rest... The only way is upp.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

CryptoAddict_ wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:49 am Cambodia is heaven for me. I enjoy the real raw and uncut features of Cambodia much more than a more developed nation, also in undeveloped nations there’s much more fun to be had and much less authority enforcing gay little rules unlike Europe and the USA.
Sudan is heaven for me. I enjoy the real raw and uncut features of Sudan much more than a more developed nation, also in undeveloped nations there’s much more fun to be had and much less authority enforcing gay little rules unlike Europe and the USA.

Never been to Sudan though. :please:
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

WTF
by CryptoAddict_ » Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:49 am
Cambodia is heaven for me. I enjoy the real raw and uncut features of Cambodia much more than a more developed nation, also in undeveloped nations there’s much more fun to be had and much less authority enforcing gay little rules unlike Europe and the USA
you have never been there???

guys a troll is a troll .... :stir:
a troll is a person who starts quarrels or upsets people on the Internet to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into displaying emotional responses[2] and normalizing tangential discussion,[3] whether for the troll's amusement or a specific gain.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
michael.stewart1
Expatriate
Russia

Post by michael.stewart1 »

Kammekor wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:38 am Just one addition, if you really look for cheaper, with higher quality, choose Thailand.
what about Vietnam or Laos?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

michael.stewart1 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:29 pm
Kammekor wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:38 am Just one addition, if you really look for cheaper, with higher quality, choose Thailand.
what about Vietnam or Laos?
I have not been there recently.
jubo2
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by jubo2 »

What is cheap in Kow now for you ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic