Required capital for small business tax registration

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Required capital for small business tax registration

Post by pczz »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:28 pm As long as you are not anticipating making any return off this for 6-12 months, which is the most hopeful projected time frame for people to start being allowed to travel in and out of Cambodia and any sign of tourism coming back to the region, then it is no harm. If you are fine to rent this place paying the full amount monthly for that period then fine, if you aren't then it sure would be a sad time to lose your savings on an ill timed venture.
I suspect it will be more like a year. First we need a vaccine and second the airlines need to get crew and planes up to speed, and get the airports re-opened 1 infected assenger could infect 500 others on the flight. There are few direct flights to Cambodia anyway so you also have to consider quarantine requirements for foreigners in transit hubs.here is even talk in Europe fom the leader of the Eu about keeping the elderly and sick in quarantine for a year. As half the people coming here are elderly sexpats there are not going tobe many western tourists for sure.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

pczz wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:37 am As half the people coming here are elderly sexpats there are not going tobe many western tourists for sure.
Surely they would be elderly sex tourists?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
NLove
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by NLove »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:28 pm As long as you are not anticipating making any return off this for 6-12 months, which is the most hopeful projected time frame for people to start being allowed to travel in and out of Cambodia and any sign of tourism coming back to the region, then it is no harm. If you are fine to rent this place paying the full amount monthly for that period then fine, if you aren't then it sure would be a sad time to lose your savings on an ill timed venture.
I was expecting some Asian people start traveling again in a month or so?
Also I planed to rent rooms to foreigners who don’t/can’t go back to their country.

But that is true if I have to pay whole rent for that length, that is too much loss.

Thank you for your advice.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

NLove wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:57 pm
I was expecting some Asian people start traveling again in a month or so?
Also I planed to rent rooms to foreigners who don’t/can’t go back to their country.

But that is true if I have to pay whole rent for that length, that is too much loss.

Thank you for your advice.
I am no expert but I doubt Asian travellers will be moving around too much, who are the Air BnB users in the region? Japanese and Koreans I would guess both of whom will continue with restrictions. I have no idea of your set up or location but it may not appeal to the asian market. As for people who cannot go back to their country, most likely they will have arrangements in place already or be seeking out the lowest priced place that they can. It is unfortunate timing for you but it seems like a risk not yet taking if you can't afford to cover it yourself. good luck.
NLove
Tourist
Cambodia

Post by NLove »

Ok I can pay the rent. The question is if I can accept the risk of loosing my savings and still happy to do this.
Thank you everyone. Your answers made things clearer. :bow:
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

NLove wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:02 pm Ok I can pay the rent. The question is if I can accept the risk of loosing my savings and still happy to do this.
Thank you everyone. Your answers made things clearer. :bow:
Acceptance of doing so with any business anywhere (here or home) is what everyone doing this can loose, that's why many people work for others. But realistically here you will find it is far easy to loose. Also like mentioned bad time for somethings. If you can get Khmer custom then good, that is the majority of people to be a paying customer, but they mostly spend monies with their own. I am not discouraging you like the post before, I am trying to be realistic. I am all for new ventures and want and wish them to work.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic