Cafes & restaurants in Siem Reap during COVID-19.

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Leighton Travels
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cafes & restaurants in Siem Reap during COVID-19.

Post by Leighton Travels »

Hi everyone,

I'm a full time travel blogger based in Siem Reap. As with so many cities all over the world, COVID-19 has hit SR really hard. Prior to the virus, I had been planning an exhaustive guide to Siem Reap's amazing food and drink scene. Now, with an almost decimated landscape, I have decided to start a series looking at a number of cafes and restaurants and how they're coping during this difficult time. Each piece gives a bit of insight into who the owners are, their backstories and what happened to their businesses because of the virus.

The first article, which went out yesterday, focuses on the story of Jason Argenta and Krousar Cafe.
https://leightontravels.com/category/krousar-cafe/

If you know of any business that would like to be featured, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Regards,

Leighton.
https://leightontravels.com
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cafes & restaurants in Siem Reap during COVID-19.

Post by rozzieoz »

Please talk to Tim at Star Bar, he would be great to interview.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
WildA
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by WildA »

Try somenthing different in your genre...instead of celebrating the total coolness of some expat running some soon to be failed hipster place, talk to the the Khmer folks who own restaurants. Stop over to see Pauly at Happy Taco on Funky Lane. Or the Angkor Taco folks on Sok San Road. Being able to read about local places would be a change, might make me even pay attention to your blog, which wodr, is far down on the Google list.
Naturam expelles furca, tamen usque recurret. Horace
Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they arent out to get you. Pynchon
Leighton Travels
Expatriate
Cambodia

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Don't be discouraged OP, but this is a discussion forum so anything you have to offer here is up for discussion. Don't take it badly.
I don't even live in SR and have no plans to do so, but I like reading write-ups on restaurants, whether western or Khmer or whatever.:2girlsit8:
Leighton Travels
Expatriate
Cambodia

Hi. Anchor, thanks for taking the time to read! I am not discouraged, I strongly believe in what I'm doing! I also know the difference between constructive criticism and mean-spirited feedback full of inaccuracies. I hope you enjoy the other cafe and restaurant reviews that are on the way!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic