Canadian Tourist David James Anthony Dies of Drug Overdose

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: Canadian Tourist David James Anthony Dies of Drug Overdo

Post by General Mackevili »

wackyjacky wrote: Don't worry, you're not a female who has been raped. Do you have any Cold Stone Creameries in the malls there ? That stuff's the shit !
Good point! (And you know it's a fucked up country when that really is a good point).

Hmmm, I don't recall seeing it here, but it could be. Wet have Baskin Robins for sure though!
Mr Curious wrote:Sad case, but then some of you are happy the "bottom feeders" are taking themselves out I suspect.
Say Wat? I don't recall anyone on CEO saying they are glad when someone overdoses on drugs.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
potty
Expatriate

Post by potty »

i thought they put him outside, because the cleaner wanted to go home, finally.
davergiver1
Tourist

Post by davergiver1 »

I am a relative of David James Anthony from Canada. I am responding to the headline that states he died from a drug overdose. This statement is false. As of today the toxicology results turned up negative for drugs. There are many unanswered questions as to how David died. His face looked badly beaten when family members were shown photos of David's body. If there is anyone with information could you please contact me immediately. This was not a drug related death and we are asking for help.
taabarang
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by taabarang »

Or dead as a doornail. In any case if I did drugs I wouldn't buy from the pusher who's dealing there.
As my old Cajun bait seller used to say, "I opes you luck.
flying chicken
Expatriate

Post by flying chicken »

As I said publicly on this site a few time. Take reported deaths with a grain of salt. I have yet to read any foreign death reported in the Kingdom where one's death while staying in a GH/Hotel isn't resulted in one's own fault or accident. Read: drug overdose or heart attack. Obviously the accomm owner doesnt want publicity and cops get paid...its a win win, except for of course the missing person's family and friends back home.

I hope others can help you with further info. My condolences.
EVERYONE BOW DOWN AND PAY EXTREME HOMAGE TO HIS MAJESTIES flying chicken©
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

Generally speaking, fit athletic types don't usually fall foul of drugs so let's take a step back here. I am guessing the family would have accepted 'x, y or z' as to how he died but when he appears to resemble being beaten which conflicts with an official report, then tricky questions get asked and rightly so.

First question is ... where was the Thai girlfriend when he passed away?

RIP
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Dr Anik wrote:Generally speaking, fit athletic types don't usually fall foul of drugs. .
Right, which explains the whole market for illegal anabolic steroids...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

Can you die from an overdose of steroids? News to me - though anything's possible I guess.

Maybe he was a victim of 'roid rage i.e. he beat himself to death.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Dr Anik wrote:Can you die from an overdose of steroids?
I hear extrapolation can be fairly nasty.
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Dr Anik
Expatriate

Post by Dr Anik »

Maybe that's why we wont go there then - thumb:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic