NZ, Australia - into winter with Covid-19

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: NZ, Australia - into winter with Covid-19

Post by atst »

Now thier picking and choosing which journalist can get into NZ (yes some may think hes a dick but so what)

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

atst wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 5:41 am Now thier picking and choosing which journalist can get into NZ (yes some may think hes a dick but so what)

He asks questions outside the agreed upon agenda and interviews people who’s opinions aren’t sanctioned by the powers that be ..... I’m old enough to remember when this is what journalism was ... now it pretty actors regurgitating dialogue dictated from head office .....
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"In April this year the Commonwealth Department of Health objected to my assertion that the C@VID injections didn’t prevent transmission.

Mandates were never about science. They were always about coercion.
The wheels are falling off their narrative day by day.

- Senator Alex Antic"

violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

I was listening with interest and was onboard until the way the video was edited to cut to her wording around transmission. Regarding Pfizer knowing about the vaccine stopping transmission before it entered the market. Now I have to do an internet search because she worded her answer in a way that allows it to seem it did stop transmission (as to accept without question negates critical thinking).

Thanks for sharing.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Me again

My takeaways and questions

Was Astra Zeneca tested on ability to reduce transmission before being released (as that was what Australia rolled out first)?

Pfizer wasn’t tested in that manner

Since was found to have some small impact on reducing transmission for awhile

Why did governments jump on this need to vaccinate? I don’t want superficial answers of control. Was it fear and lack of understanding? Was it assumptions? Was it misguided? I do not accept a base answer of they wanted control. If they wanted control - why? Was it to test run for a truly concerning pandemic that may occur? Was it because they were sold bullshit by big pharma?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Surely there are 2 aspects to effectiveness of vaccines, minimising of sickness and transmission.

Maybe the narrative at times didn't entirely back it up with talk of transmission but I understood the primary objective of the vaccine was to stop people getting seriously ill, going to hospital and dying. Overloading the health system. So I think many people thought/expected a vaccine was not effective unless it could prevent transmission whereas it was still found to be highly effective in saving lives once you did get infected.

Even though Phizer say they didn't didn't focus on transmission originally, I recall there were studies done some time after release showing the vaccine was nevertheless also highly effective against transmission for the original variant of covid too (> 75%). However by the time, covid had mutated to Delta, preventing transmission had dropped to approx. 50% (somewhere in my post history I provided links to those studies). Since Delta and with subsequent variants, this original vaccine has now become even less affective against transmission and probably the case that it currently does little to prevent transmission. And probably less effective against hospitalisation too albeit later variants such as Omicron are apparently not as deadly as Delta. Hence why they've been working on an Omicron vaccine..
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

violet wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:53 am Me again

My takeaways and questions

Was Astra Zeneca tested on ability to reduce transmission before being released (as that was what Australia rolled out first)?

Pfizer wasn’t tested in that manner

Since was found to have some small impact on reducing transmission for awhile

Why did governments jump on this need to vaccinate? I don’t want superficial answers of control. Was it fear and lack of understanding? Was it assumptions? Was it misguided? I do not accept a base answer of they wanted control. If they wanted control - why? Was it to test run for a truly concerning pandemic that may occur? Was it because they were sold bullshit by big pharma?
Sorry, I don't have the answers to your questions.

I saw this video a few days ago. You might find it interesting.
Note: He says "today is Sunday 16th April", he meant October.

979,705 views Oct 16, 2022
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:30 am Surely there are 2 aspects to effectiveness of vaccines, minimising of sickness and transmission.
I understood the primary objective of the vaccine was to stop people getting seriously ill, going to hospital and dying. Overloading the health system. So I think many people thought/expected a vaccine was not effective unless it could prevent transmission whereas it was still found to be highly effective in saving lives once you did get infected.
That was the point of the vaccines, it was to give most people a good chance of not ending up in hospital, and to make you less toxic to be around if you did have the virus. And that's pretty much how it played out, places where the health system was under a lot of pressure were saying that the bulk of their patients were unvaxxed.

I never saw any vaccine being described as a silver bullet designed to make the virus go away - maybe I was just reading different media or something though.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Yes, vaccines were supposed to help keep people out of hospitals etc but that wasn’t the extent of the messaging

Aged care workers had to get vaccines so they wouldn’t spread it to old people in care

Ads said a reason to get vaccinated was to do the right thing for those we cared about and our communities. I admit one of two reasons for getting the vaccine for me was out of respect for an elderly relative and wanting to do all I could to avoid the likelihood of being the one they caught it from.

Police had to get vaccinated - it was never stated it was so they weren’t down on numbers when police officers got sick(though that was likely part of it). The message was - to reduce the spread
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

I thought that Covid was over and done with. Not so, in Australia apparently.
I have no idea if they are still getting cases of covid, or whether people are still getting quarantined,
but I saw this news from Today 8th August, 2023
nurses are still being sacked for not getting vaccinated.
:facepalm:

and now they have a shortage of nurses! :facepalm: :facepalm:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic