NZ, Australia - into winter with Covid-19

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Re: NZ, Australia - into winter with Covid-19

Post by Ryan754326 »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:41 am Fully vaxxed out
Up to date in
Fully vaxxed as in 2 shots, or 3?

Will it be 4 in a year from now?

I was fully on board with the vaccines when it was 2 shots, as advertised, but now that it’s looking like this could be a bi-annual thing, I’m sliding over to the other side.

Got the vax. Still got covid. Survived. Don’t need any more.
Don’t need to be treated like a leper either. Nobody got mad at me before when I never got an annual flu shot. Doctor said only the vulnerable needed it, and we all knew it wouldn’t eradicate the flu even if everyone did get it.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Ryan754326 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 6:15 am
violet wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:41 am Fully vaxxed out
Up to date in
Fully vaxxed as in 2 shots, or 3?

Will it be 4 in a year from now?

I was fully on board with the vaccines when it was 2 shots, as advertised, but now that it’s looking like this could be a bi-annual thing, I’m sliding over to the other side.

Got the vax. Still got covid. Survived. Don’t need any more.
Don’t need to be treated like a leper either. Nobody got mad at me before when I never got an annual flu shot. Doctor said only the vulnerable needed it, and we all knew it wouldn’t eradicate the flu even if everyone did get it.
Yeah. That’s what my post was about but only obvious to those who have heard the message. They are removing fully vaxxed from the language. Now they will refer to being ‘up to date’ with vaccinations
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:06 am
Yeah. That’s what my post was about but only obvious to those who have heard the message. They are removing fully vaxxed from the language. Now they will refer to being ‘up to date’ with vaccinations
I’m other words, if we want to be able to function in society, we all have to sign up for a lifetime subscription with the pharma companies.

Do you honestly think that ongoing vaccines are necessary for the majority of people who aren’t all that vulnerable, especially if they’ve already beaten the disease itself?

If we all took a Tylenol every six hours for the rest of our lives, none of us would ever get a headache again either, but more importantly, a few people would make a ton of money.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Ryan754326 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:29 am
violet wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:06 am
I’m other words, if we want to be able to function in society, we all have to sign up for a lifetime subscription with the pharma companies.

Do you honestly think that ongoing vaccines are necessary for the majority of people who aren’t all that vulnerable, especially if they’ve already beaten the disease itself?

If we all took a Tylenol every six hours for the rest of our lives, none of us would ever get a headache again either, but more importantly, a few people would make a ton of money.
By you do you mean me? Nothing about my post expressed my beliefs. I don’t intend to get into my beliefs on the matter again. Totally over it.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

violet wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:05 am
By you do you mean me? Nothing about my post expressed my beliefs. I don’t intend to get into my beliefs on the matter again. Totally over it.
I apologize. I understand now that you were just passing on the message.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

And it was all a very big storm in a very small teacup. ….

As of 6 July foreign citizens arriving in Australia no longer need to declare their covid-19 vaccination status.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: NZ, Australia - into winter with Cv-19

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 pm Saw this article today. Who or what is the race against?

‘This is a race’: Qld goes it alone to open 500-bed quarantine hub this year

The Queensland government will move ahead with a regional Howard Spring-style quarantine hub near Toowoomba, west of Brisbane, after negotiations with the federal government stalled.

The Wellcamp announcement comes one day after the Premier paused arrivals from interstate hotspots NSW, Victoria and the ACT for two weeks as hotel quarantine became “stretched to the limit”.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the facility would have 500 beds open by the end of the year and 1000 beds by the end of the first quarter of 2022.

“We all know that our hotels were not built to deal with the Delta strain of this virus,” she said.

“What’s happening in New South Wales and Victoria is a direct result of the Delta strain coming in and essentially breaching hotel quarantine.

“We’ve got to get on with this.

“This is a race.”

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politi ... 58m0y.html

What could go wrong? Well, for a starter, by the time this is initially up and running ie end of the year, 70/80% of the OZ population will have been vaccinated by which time restrictions can be eased, compulsory quarantine centres will not be required and home quarantine for inbound travellers will suffice. Or is this a rogue premier still hanging on to the 'zero covid' policy against the opening up plan put forward by the federal gov't?
And there you have it....a white elephant as I predicted less than a yesar ago..

$600m later, the sorry story of Qld’s quarantine hubs turns a page

Queensland is now left with two quarantine centres, costing a combined $600 million-plus, looking for purposes.

Full story: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/nation ... 5b50k.html
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:15 am
Queensland is now left with two quarantine centres, costing a combined $600 million-plus, looking for purposes.

I'm sure someone is burning candles praying for Monkey Pox to become the next serious pandemic :stir:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

violet wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:35 pm And it was all a very big storm in a very small teacup. ….

As of 6 July foreign citizens arriving in Australia no longer need to declare their covid-19 vaccination status.
Or full out that arrival declaration good news back to normal travel without the bullshit , a lot less stress

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 8:15 am
Clutch Cargo wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 pm Saw this article today. Who or what is the race against?

‘This is a race’: Qld goes it alone to open 500-bed quarantine hub this year

The Queensland government will move ahead with a regional Howard Spring-style quarantine hub near Toowoomba, west of Brisbane, after negotiations with the federal government stalled.

The Wellcamp announcement comes one day after the Premier paused arrivals from interstate hotspots NSW, Victoria and the ACT for two weeks as hotel quarantine became “stretched to the limit”.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk said the facility would have 500 beds open by the end of the year and 1000 beds by the end of the first quarter of 2022.

“We all know that our hotels were not built to deal with the Delta strain of this virus,” she said.

“What’s happening in New South Wales and Victoria is a direct result of the Delta strain coming in and essentially breaching hotel quarantine.

“We’ve got to get on with this.

“This is a race.”

Full: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/politi ... 58m0y.html

What could go wrong? Well, for a starter, by the time this is initially up and running ie end of the year, 70/80% of the OZ population will have been vaccinated by which time restrictions can be eased, compulsory quarantine centres will not be required and home quarantine for inbound travellers will suffice. Or is this a rogue premier still hanging on to the 'zero covid' policy against the opening up plan put forward by the federal gov't?
And there you have it....a white elephant as I predicted less than a yesar ago..

[size=150]$600m later, the sorry story of Qld’s quarantine hubs turns a page[/size]

Hope no-one mentions the Nauru detention centre operator makes $101m profit - the Guardian
Feb 11, 2022 · The company behind Australia’s detention centre on Nauru, made $101m profit last financial year. ... more than $500,000 for each of the fewer than 200 people held and the Christmas Island Immigration Detention Centre

Yea, I know it's not the same as a Quarantine center but the money wasted by the government is still Australian taxpayers money wasted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic