NZ, Australia - into winter with Covid-19

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: NZ, Australia - into winter with Covid-19

Post by Doc67 »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:46 am ^^
I think some missed my point that it's a joke that a word that a union boss (a woman that happens to look like a man)
Hmm, Clutch, she/he/it might be transitioning? Did you think of that?

I think you need to go on a gender awareness course to deal with your phobias.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

clutchcargo wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:46 am ^^
I think some missed my point that it's a joke that a word that a union boss (a woman that happens to look like a man) came up with has somehow 'been named word of the year by the Australian National Dictionary Centre.' And, 'had also been exported to the world. It made headlines in the United States. In New Zealand, Kiwis adopted it as their own.' That was the key point of my post. Who cares about what word a union boss used..

In any event, and now that the matter has been raised, the news item is not out of date as the news link shows. Yes, it referenced a quote from 6 months ago referring to 'the slow implementation of the COVID-19 vaccination program in Australia'.

I think it's great Aus has got to the vaccination rates that it now has. But, as I've mentioned before, it has done so belatedly and could have achieved that many months earlier if it was not for:
1. hanging onto the Fortress Aus policy too long such that people thought 'no covid here, no need for vax'.
2. poor choice of putting all your eggs in the AZ basket, scaring the population with the blood clot issue and then doing a backflip that young people can have it after originally saying they shouldn't.

Not surprisingly, the Fortress policy was never sustainable as Vic and NSW found out and then abandoned that policy. Only then, when people saw the shift in policy and that covid was in the community did they get on board and get vaccinated.

Sadly too, you've got several countries within one country. Despite a national agreed plan where you've got restrictions coming off at 70 and 80%, you've got rogue states like WA and QLD that are doing there own thing. AFAIK QLD will not lift the restrictions that VIC and NSW have done until they reach 90%. And in the meantime I think the quotas on returning Aussies are still in place with 14 day quarantine (hotel or home depending on how you are assessed). For the QLD premier it was like 'flicking a switch'...one moment imposing lockdowns when 2 cases were discovered, to the next of scaring the people..you better hurry up and get vaxed coz 'the virus will hunt you out'!

Lucky the people got behind the vax rollout once the gov't shifted their tactics.
1. I had never heard of the term strollout before this thread

2. Triggered…
A woman who looks like a man….
Perhaps your understanding of what men look like and what women look like needs resetting. There is diversity among women, as there is among men. Some of us women are not blessed with the looks you deem worthy of the label woman. But that doesn’t mean we look like men. It means your notion of what a woman is supposed to look like is flawed.
And just because a woman doesn’t fit your profile of the image of a woman, it does not mean the woman is transitioning - or was that a ‘joke’ too?

Do people who make comments about women looking like men or transitioningg women/men all have mothers sisters and daughters who meet your perception of what a woman looks like? Do your nieces and cousins all match that image? Would you feel less love and respect for a female family member who doesn’t look like your notion of what a female looks like?
Would you really want to tell a female family member that they look like a man? Would you want to perceive your family member as looking like a man?
Do you look’like a man’? What does a man look like? Would we agree that unless he looks like The Rock he does not look like a man?

Y’all need re-educating.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Election season

Yobbo
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Yobbo »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:54 pm Election season
I agree with him for a change.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Username Taken wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:30 am
Kigna wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:15 am
What is this bollocks supposed to be? That is not Australia!

The Twitter link says: "Hmm...this page doesn’t exist. Try searching for something else."

And a freezeframe from the video shows the image below. Not Australia!

Here's another word: Covidiots!
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

New Zealand reopening to foreign tourists in April, but travelers will still need to self-isolate
24 Nov, 2021
Fully vaccinated New Zealanders and other eligible travelers can enter without staying in MIQ – a quarantine hotel staffed by a team of health professionals, hotel and government personnel – from Australia starting Jan. 16 and from all other countries starting Feb. 13.

On April 30, the country will begin allowing all fully vaccinated travelers to enter. This reopening phase may be staged by visa category, and comes more than two years after the country first imposed COVID-19-related entry restrictions.

All travelers will still need to show a negative pre-departure coronavirus test, proof of full vaccination and a travel history declaration. They must also take another test upon arrival, self-isolate for seven days and take one more test before entering the community.

More details on the self-isolation period will be available next month, Hipkins said. He added that the MIQ requirement will have a role in the country’s entry requirements “in the foreseeable future.”
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel/de ... 743821002/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Username Taken wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:54 pm Election season

Heezoo H Santaclaus, this bloke is a worm.

He went further than anyone by refusing to allow Australian citizens to return back home and a hundred other measures. Now with things on the improve - and the election coming up - he is positioning himself as Freedom Man at the head of the queue for opening up.

The shiftiest man in Australia - that's not me, most of Australia now realises what a sneaky, say anything, lying slug he is.

(NB, re the "slug" ref on another thread - it also means 'big fat prick' in Strine - Au's national mumble.
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

^^
He was a marketing man in a previous life. A spin artist if you like.. Director at NZ office of tourism and then managing director of Tourism Australia.

He keeps talking about restrictions/quarantine on returning Australians coming off at 80% vaccination under the national plan. Meanwhile the premier of QLD, Anna Pallawhatever is doing her own thing, still with home quarantine and PCR tests on incoming when 80% (expected 17 Dec) and those restrictions not being removed until 90% is reached. WA similar I think. So much for an agreed national plan.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

clutchcargo wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:49 am ^^
He was a marketing man in a previous life. A spin artist if you like.. Director at NZ office of tourism and then managing director of Tourism Australia.

He keeps talking about restrictions/quarantine on returning Australians coming off at 80% vaccination under the national plan. Meanwhile the premier of QLD, Anna Pallawhatever is doing her own thing, still with home quarantine and PCR tests on incoming when 80% (expected 17 Dec) and those restrictions not being removed until 90% is reached. WA similar I think. So much for an agreed national plan.
And that is how Scotty is playing it up. He's going to blame the Premiers, while he plays Mr. Niceguy.

Maybe it's time for the long overdue debate on whether Oz really needs State governments.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic