AirAsia: a personal message from Tony

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: AirAsia: a personal message from Tony

Post by Doc67 »

I know this is slightly off topic, but it is useful as a comparison.

Mr Tony and his zero salary with other execs taking substantial pay cuts combined with no job losses is in stark contrast to many big companies in the west. The latest wheeze to get around giving up their bonuses or salary cuts (still leaving many with millions in salary,) is newly issued long-term incentive plans (LTIPs).

First amongst equals in this racket is Michael Wells of Insurance giant Prudential.

"On Thursday, insurer Prudential announced executive pay cuts “in the light of the current situation and the need for continued restraint in executive remuneration”.

"For chief executive Michael Wells, that meant a salary reduction of £23,000, to £1.15m.
Less than four hours later, in a separate disclosure, the insurer handed Wells an LTIP worth £878,873 at current share prices."

Read all about the greed here.
https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... ith-shares
God'sGift
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by God'sGift »

clutchcargo wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:23 pm

While we strongly encourage you to accept the credit which is instant and comes with a 365-day validity
It certainly isn't 'instant' - you apply for the credit then nothing happens, can't even check case progress as the AVA auto chat system is disabled

Been about 3 wks so far since credit offered on my flight, no update yet and 0$ put into credit account
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Electric Earth »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:28 pm I know this is slightly off topic, but it is useful as a comparison.

Mr Tony and his zero salary with other execs taking substantial pay cuts combined with no job losses is in stark contrast to many big companies in the west...
Very few in this world compare to the disgusting, moral-less sacks of shit that are the ultra-rich of the western world. Hell, the pieces of shit in the US are begging for government handouts because their quarterly profits are lower. Not that they'll be going out of business, they just aren't making huge profits. And of course the government is giving it to them, because they're all pals getting rich together.
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Oh come on, SolarPower ^^^ corruption is rampart and foul in Cambodia
- but it doesn't exist in the West
:santa: O:-)
Spoiler:
It is so polished, organised and regularised that it simply does not register
and Rupert Foxy Murdoch and his media mates have indoctrinated the punters to believe
that The Masters of The Economy, who have hijacked all of the wealth of the West,
are the simply The Brightest and The Best
8)
alexvanlaar
Expatriate
Netherlands

Post by alexvanlaar »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:30 pm I've never really associated great customer service with AirAsia, but okay. At least it's an honest letter expressing the hardships faced by the industry.
I am a Platin member of AA (flying DMK PNH v.v.) 20 times per anno over the last 7 years.
Would have prefered an personal mail from AA anyway!
Ok from Tony to send mail to Clutch.
KEEP STRONG ppl!
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

God'sGift wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:06 am

While we strongly encourage you to accept the credit which is instant and comes with a 365-day validity
It certainly isn't 'instant' - you apply for the credit then nothing happens, can't even check case progress as the AVA auto chat system is disabled

Been about 3 wks so far since credit offered on my flight, no update yet and 0$ put into credit account
Same with me about 3 weeks. Air Asia immediately sent the email out about my 100 USD flights or whatever it was. I havent checked yet but it aint gonna break me. These cheapo tix are non refundable, no? So Air Asia or any of the other cheapo companies are really not obligated to do anything. And if they fold up, there are going to be much bigger things to deal with than refunds or vouchers for cheapo travel.
monomial
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by monomial »

The real problem with taking the voucher is that it is only good for 12 months. The chances of air travel being back to normal in only 12 months is very small. If they were to give a 5 year voucher it might be worth considering. But I expect you will have a very difficult time finding a flight where you can actually use your voucher before it expires.
Marty
BANNED
Canada

Post by Marty »

Interesting food for thought monomial. I think I already ticked the box that said voucher rather than refund. But not sure if thats locked in or not. I'll check today. But I'd wager that normal air travel will be happening in 6 months or so. Just think how much time they have to plan and polish those red planes even redder!
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Luxury vs Budget

Qatar sponsor Barcelona, Air Asia sponsor QPR.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

God'sGift wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:06 am

Same. If you log into your Big points account on their website and click on My Cases, it just shows both flight credit requests as "New", and you can't lick on them to see any details or anything.

The whole process to get the credits was very convoluted too. All that bullshit with their automated chat, let alone having to do it TWICE (once for each flight). Couldn't they have just added a checkbox for "I want a credit for this flight due to COVID-19" in the My Bookings page, so could check that and submit it?
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic