ASKING FOR MONEY!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Re: ASKING FOR MONEY!

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:51 am
michael.stewart1 wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:49 am
xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:29 am Is anyone else experiencing what I have been over the past week or so were almost every expat I've known or even just met is asking or at least fishing (telling some sob story) for money? I understand its a tough time but I mean its got to the point were people I've said "Hi" to a few times are sending me messages and its starting to really piss me off.

Times are tough for... EVERYONE!!!
I basically take the advice of the Imam I met at a Mosque in Boston Ma when i learning about Islam. I asked him if giving money to beggars would please Allah. He said when you give money to beggars you do it because you want them to go away not because you actually want to help them or please Allah. In this case, you are not going to please Allah by doing this. Now whenever someone asks me for money this is what I think while I say no to them. Actually I do not say no to them. I will simply start speaking Portuguese to them knowing that few people in this part of the world will understand me. Be surprised how many people will rudely walk away from me after I say ok How much to them.
I will definitely not give money to a foreigner When I see a Frenchman come up to me and tell me a sob story I tell them to go to their embassy for help.

NOSSA!!! Voce fala Eu falo tb.
Last edited by xX.TROPA.Xx on Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: ASKING FOR MONEY!

Post by pczz »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:48 am
pczz wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:32 am At least one pizza place seems to be sending begging messages to past clients requesting funds, and no i am not going to tell you which one
Pizza Hut?
They could do it as they are franchises but I dount it. This is single shop
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic