ASKING FOR MONEY!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: ASKING FOR MONEY!

Post by atst »

wait till you get the sob story "cant pay my rent this month"
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

atst wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:09 am wait till you get the sob story "cant pay my rent this month"
I've had that one already.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

what gets me is they don't even bother to offer to pay some of it, when did the governments stop paying pensions
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

At least one pizza place seems to be sending begging messages to past clients requesting funds, and no i am not going to tell you which one
rexwell
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by rexwell »

Looks like a lot of broke teflers will be hitting a street near you soon.

xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

pczz wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:32 am At least one pizza place seems to be sending begging messages to past clients requesting funds, and no i am not going to tell you which one
Pizza Hut?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

xX.TROPA.Xx wrote:And just to clarify I've had Australians living in Cambodia ask but none living back home.
That's because there's a safety net there. Nada here. Government won't give you shit and your employer can kick you to the curb the moment you become a financial liability.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Running a residential hotel right now. Not cheap, social security certainly ain't enough.
Some of those who still have their job have asked for a discount "because of the situation".
Those that have lost their job have just started to pack up to leave - i have actually had to go to them and say the owner is willing to talk with those in genuine need.

Once again, as always - the better off have this sense of entitlement.
the poorer develop humility and acceptance.
Not a hard and fast rule, but definitely a tendency in my long observations.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

In a crisis, they say you find out who your real friends are
xX.TROPA.Xx
Expatriate
Nigeria

Post by xX.TROPA.Xx »

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:25 pm In a crisis, they say you find out who your real friends are
How much does a real friend cost? I had some flog talking about he is owed $50k another straight up asked me for $5k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic