Mandatory quarantine to be enforced for all entering Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mandatory quarantine to be enforced for all entering Cambodia

Post by Alex »

If they offer decent accommodation at a fair price and with good internet access for that quarantine lockup (by using a now closed hotel), I wouldn't mind if I had the time - assuming that the overall situation in Cambodia is so that you could travel the country freely afterwards.
lagrange
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by lagrange »

Interesting that you think the right of liberty etc comes from your imaginary friend. Actually human rights are a relatively new concept in historical terms - in the middle ages for example people had no rights at all, only what wealth or power would allow. Human rights are a man-made construct in modern times and no doubt a good thing too (apart from some women getting uppity) but as a man made thing they can just as easily be suspended or removed depending on how the powerful feel about it. Do you own a pipe? If so, put that in it and smoke it.
" Tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Khmerican
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmerican »

As a nearly 20 year resident of Cambodia, I am ECSTATIC by this and hope it is strictly enforced!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

At the risk of stating the obvious, the world is going through some serious upheaval.
Previously, your view in Cambodia amounted to-
Apexisto wrote: Thank god I flew away from that shitty country last week.
Apexisto (again) wrote: LOL. So fucking Cambodians ...
But now you desperately want to get back, to have fun (maybe hide in a darkened room and play sim city, too)
Are you off your meds? Are you the type that refuses to take their meds? You seem to have some very conflicting and mutually exclusive views about the place.

One of the concerning things about places such as Cambodia is that it has a very much “head in the sand’ attitude to what is glaringly obvious to many. To add deluded foreigners to the list of problems is frightening. Maybe 14days isolation would benefit you?
Kayve
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kayve »

Do not feed ...

Tell Americans how it's just a little flu.
Don't forget the water buffalo
fazur
Expatriate
Norway

Post by fazur »

nemo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:27 pm Perhaps you should return to your home in Finland young Jedi.
Cannabis tourism is for the elite.
You are obviously not a member despite your pasty white complexion.
Best live with the Scands, they probably won't kill you for your pseudo revolutionary attention seeking bleating.
norwegians would tell him pissoff

wtf is he doing travelling now anyway?

natural selection is fine except for the innocents that die becaus eof them
Cricket99
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by Cricket99 »

Apexisto wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 pm
Cricket99 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:36 pm
Apexisto wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:26 pm Pneumonia from flu? I am not 80 years old with multiple diseases, lol...

Well, time to fly then to Sweden and from there to Belarussia then. Visa free, free countries and no idiots wanting to put me to prison just because I exercise my inherited rights to be free.
Who did you inherit your rights from?
From Reason, From God, from Learning the higher truths of this world. Liberty is sacred and it ought to be one of the highest guiding principles in the kingdom of human beings. Without it, we will have anarchy and madness like right now. When nations start to forgot their higher principles, they will get rotten and die from the inside. Even reason dictates that a man ought to be free or unless he does not give the same right to the others, he will be enslaved.
Okay....Sorry I asked
nave
Expatriate

Post by nave »

Cricket99 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:21 am
Apexisto wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 pm
Apexisto wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:26 pm Pneumonia from flu? I am not 80 years old with multiple diseases, lol...

Well, time to fly then to Sweden and from there to Belarussia then. Visa free, free countries and no idiots wanting to put me to prison just because I exercise my inherited rights to be free.
From Reason, From God, from Learning the higher truths of this world. Liberty is sacred and it ought to be one of the highest guiding principles in the kingdom of human beings. Without it, we will have anarchy and madness like right now. When nations start to forgot their higher principles, they will get rotten and die from the inside. Even reason dictates that a man ought to be free or unless he does not give the same right to the others, he will be enslaved.
Okay....Sorry I asked
you shouldn't have..... really :facepalm:
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by Multipox »

he means inherent
When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

Freightdog wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 am At the risk of stating the obvious, the world is going through some serious upheaval.
Previously, your view in Cambodia amounted to-
Apexisto wrote: Thank god I flew away from that shitty country last week.
Apexisto (again) wrote: LOL. So fucking Cambodians ...
But now you desperately want to get back, to have fun (maybe hide in a darkened room and play sim city, too)
Are you off your meds? Are you the type that refuses to take their meds? You seem to have some very conflicting and mutually exclusive views about the place.

One of the concerning things about places such as Cambodia is that it has a very much “head in the sand’ attitude to what is glaringly obvious to many. To add deluded foreigners to the list of problems is frightening. Maybe 14days isolation would benefit you?
There was a reason to fly away from a country that cannot supply electricity for their common people on constant bases. Usually, let them do folly for themselves but now they want to give folly, enslavement and incarnation for foreigners, there's a little difference on that.

And folly for them, I would have had good times in Siam Reap in bars and having fun so I take my liberties and riches to countries that really benefit from them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic