Covid19 is a Biological Weapon from the BSL Level 4 Lab in Wuhan

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Brody
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Covid19 is a Biological Weapon from the BSL Level 4 Lab in Wuhan

Post by Brody »

SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:57 pm Holy fuck....

Not personally addressed to you Brody. ^^^
I was addressing the topic generally.
My bad. :thumb:
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Brody wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:53 pm
SternAAlbifrons wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:32 pm
Brody wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:57 pm Holy fuck....

Not personally addressed to you Brody. ^^^
I was addressing the topic generally.
My bad. :thumb:
Well fuck me... LOL. a tick from Brode - i will be going to sleep with a grin on my face.
Maybe one day Brody - we will get on better than we have in the past.
maybe, lol

(and PS, i know i can sound pompous sometimes. i think it comes from feeling like i am against the wind all my life - it is an affirmation of my right to be/think/act in my own individual way - but yes, not pretty i know that)
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 am What did they know, exactly? US intel warned of ‘cataclysmic’ coronavirus pandemic in NOVEMBER 2019, report claims
rt.com, seriously?
fake news
they know it, you know it, they know you know it

that's the point

monstra mihi bona!
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Sorry, US Intel makes guesses all the time. Some of which come true, most of which never materializes. And then there have been spectacular failures, which have been widely criticized by the main stream media.

Now let’s say back in November, US Intelligence comes up with this fantastic super pandemic possibility that might threaten the entire globe. All based on secret information and analytical speculation. And in November, President Trump abruptly decides to seal the borders with mainland China, and shut down the US Economy.

This of course would be done without all any publicly available data, just because US Intelligence said so? Can anyone imagine what would happen? The Trump haters would have a field day for starters. There would be endless congressional problems and subpoenas. And the Democrats would declare the President unfit by virtue of insanity.

The last person who acted on secret information was Joe McCarthy. And he got bounced out of politics.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

The failures of US Intelligence are legendary, spectacular, astonishing.
and so so tragic for the whole world.
Personally i reckon it is because of that widely acknowledged, really deep-seated tendency for americans to be generally pretty ignorant that others on planet think differently to them. And if they do, they are Wrong Wrong Wrong.

I am not going out of my way to be insulting here. Sincerely. But americans are indoctrinated from very first school days about how Great their country is, about how God-given their country is, about how their system of politics and free-wheeling capitalism is the best, in fact the only one with any validity - that they really do not not realise that others see the world through different lenses
You gotta have a bit of humility if you want to understand anything - especially interpreting the world outside you own borders.
Sending recent graduates out of the insular sheltered world of US education and expecting them to interpret what is going on outside is a recipe for Vietnam, or Syria or Somalia.
same even with the experienced hard-bitten old timers - their military/spook world is so full of Ra Ra Yankee hyperbole and that makes them blind to cultures, politics, tactics, mind-sets that are different to their own.

This is not a lash-out. I am hoping they get their shit together, I really really want USA to challenge China.
But effectively - for a change.
I want to get behind a US effort that i can see is wise and fully informed. But after a lifetime of watching intel failure after failure which has led to foreign policy tragedy after tragedy - i am not that confident things will change.

(honestly, american members and friends, i say this in sorrow not anger or opposition. i am not putting in a pot stirrer to lighten this up - because i am not pot-stirring.
i am trying to talk sincerely to old friends and life-long allies)
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 pm
AndyKK wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:35 am What did they know, exactly? US intel warned of ‘cataclysmic’ coronavirus pandemic in NOVEMBER 2019, report claims
rt.com, seriously?
fake news

that's the point
Phnom Poon I have no idea what they know or do not know, but do you think it unreasonable it came from the lab, or are we convinced it came from the exotic food restaurant only two miles away from the lab. I could not answer because I would only be speculating ether way.

One in four Britons 'think the coronavirus was probably created in a lab'

One in four Britons think the coronavirus was “probably created in a lab”, research suggests.
Scientists from King’s College London asked more than 2,000 people what they believed to be true about the somewhat mysterious strain.
A quarter (25%) of those surveyed thought the coronavirus is probably man-made, a conspiracy theory circulating the internet.
Early research suggests the infection is mild in four out of five cases, however, it can trigger a respiratory disease called COVID-19.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medica ... spartandhp

Any one know what the world are thinking of virus, its source and cause?
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:02 am Sorry, US Intel makes guesses all the time. Some of which come true, most of which never materializes. And then there have been spectacular failures, which have been widely criticized by the main stream media.

Now let’s say back in November, US Intelligence comes up with this fantastic super pandemic possibility that might threaten the entire globe. All based on secret information and analytical speculation. And in November, President Trump abruptly decides to seal the borders with mainland China, and shut down the US Economy.

This of course would be done without all any publicly available data, just because US Intelligence said so? Can anyone imagine what would happen? The Trump haters would have a field day for starters. There would be endless congressional problems and subpoenas. And the Democrats would declare the President unfit by virtue of insanity.

The last person who acted on secret information was Joe McCarthy. And he got bounced out of politics.
If he had done that he would have saved thousands, the economy wouldn't collapse as it is now and they could skip the elections because even Hillary would vote for him.
Joker Poker
Expatriate

Post by Joker Poker »

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:00 am
Phnom Poon wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 pm
rt.com, seriously?
fake news

that's the point
Phnom Poon I have no idea what they know or do not know, but do you think it unreasonable it came from the lab, or are we convinced it came from the exotic food restaurant only two miles away from the lab. I could not answer because I would only be speculating ether way.

One in four Britons 'think the coronavirus was probably created in a lab'

One in four Britons think the coronavirus was “probably created in a lab”, research suggests.
Scientists from King’s College London asked more than 2,000 people what they believed to be true about the somewhat mysterious strain.
A quarter (25%) of those surveyed thought the coronavirus is probably man-made, a conspiracy theory circulating the internet.
Early research suggests the infection is mild in four out of five cases, however, it can trigger a respiratory disease called COVID-19.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medica ... spartandhp

Any one know what the world are thinking of virus, its source and cause?
There's a lot of stupid people out there, probably about 25%. Some believe 5G is causing the virus outvreak. In the UK some tinfoil wearing idiots even have set antennas on fire which they believed were 5G but actually were 4G.....
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

AndyKK wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:00 am do you think it unreasonable it came from the lab
i think it's definitely possible
and the evidence for that, albeit circumstantial, seems to be getting stronger

my point was about rt.com
who are quite deliberately a fake news outlet
when people can't trust the news to know what's really going on
corrupt govt can do whatever they want

monstra mihi bona!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic