Business is slow thanks to coronavirus. So here is Some Coronavirus related business.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Business is slow thanks to coronavirus. So here is Some Coronavirus related business.

Post by Jack.R. »

Most of my busineses in the kow have slowed down drastically due to this virus, some due to demand issues and some due to general disruption.

So as they say if life gives you lemons make lemonade, plus I am getting a bit bored just sending emails from my sofa.

So I am willing to open up some useful resources for anyone interested, possibly without being too greedy given the situation.

Mostly the target markets are EU/USA but anywhere is fine.

I have ability to supply 500.000 (3 ply) medical masks (CE and FDA approved) a day from a reliable factory in China. Minimum 100k orders.

I have the availability to supply favipiravir antiviral medicine to any buyer directly from the factory.
Any amount is ok for this. The same factory supplies the ministry of health here.

Full body non woven protective gowns are also available. 5000minimum order.

N95 masks can also be sourced but pricing is really bad now with the USA buying up everything they can.

I could be interested in further resources for ffp3 masks or N95 as well as hydrocloroquine in large volumes.

For more details you can drop me a pm.

And if you have some more Coronavirus related business ideas I would be happy to discuss them.

All the best.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Business is slow thanks to coronavirus. So here is Some Coronavirus related business.

Post by phuketrichard »

contact trump
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Business is slow thanks to coronavirus. So here is Some Coronavirus related business.

Post by Duncan »

Jack.R. wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:03 pm Most of my busineses in the kow have slowed down drastically due to this virus, some due to demand issues and some due to general disruption.

So as they say if life gives you lemons make lemonade, plus I am getting a bit bored just sending emails from my sofa.

So I am willing to open up some useful resources for anyone interested, possibly without being too greedy given the situation.

Mostly the target markets are EU/USA but anywhere is fine.

I have ability to supply 500.000 (3 ply) medical masks (CE and FDA approved) a day from a reliable factory in China. Minimum 100k orders.

I have the availability to supply favipiravir antiviral medicine to any buyer directly from the factory.
Any amount is ok for this. The same factory supplies the ministry of health here.

Full body non woven protective gowns are also available. 5000minimum order.

N95 masks can also be sourced but pricing is really bad now with the USA buying up everything they can.

I could be interested in further resources for ffp3 masks or N95 as well as hydrocloroquine in large volumes.

For more details you can drop me a pm.

And if you have some more Coronavirus related business ideas I would be happy to discuss them.

All the best.

So as they say if life gives you lemons make lemonade, And when life gives you the shits, I guess you make toilet paper ?
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Maybe offer those 'certified medical masks' to the CDC or NHS?

The Netherlands also could use some. They just returned 600,000 of those to China because the quality was below par. I'm sure they will offer you a good price.

And about the favipiravir - better use VPN or other encryption, or you might end up in the news.
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

what value are you creating here?

is it just hooking up buyers and sellers
the buyer side actually from forum members?

monstra mihi bona!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 pm Maybe offer those 'certified medical masks' to the CDC or NHS?

The Netherlands also could use some. They just returned 600,000 of those to China because the quality was below par. I'm sure they will offer you a good price.

And about the favipiravir - better use VPN or other encryption, or you might end up in the news.
And now you know where the 500,000 he is selling come from!
Phnom Poon
Expatriate
Kiribati

Post by Phnom Poon »

pczz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:41 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 pm They just returned 600,000 of those to China because the quality was below par.
lol
i hope after this we'll move more toward a trade system that records provenance etc
these kind of fly-by-night trade deals won't be a thing

monstra mihi bona!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Phnom Poon wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:48 pm
pczz wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:41 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:26 pm They just returned 600,000 of those to China because the quality was below par.
lol
i hope after this we'll move more toward a trade system that records provenance etc
these kind of fly-by-night trade deals won't be a thing
The EU system tracks origin and tests everything. to be fair, even though thye have the begging bowl out and are accepting offers of aid from chia and russia the US did at least spot the defects. According to the uk presss today both russia and china are donating medical equiment to america :stir:
Jack.R.
Expatriate

Post by Jack.R. »

Regarding quality the masks have been tested in Europe and have CE marks.
I have test results from different labs and we have FDA approval too.
BFE≥95% tested by Italian lab.

Regarding what's the value I add, besides having direct contact to a major manufacturer in a time of lack of supply I am very familiar with air cargo procedures, payment by letter of credit/escrow, I have already performed due diligence etc.
From the factory point of view they know that I won't bother them with time wasters.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

With respect Jack, this kind of opportunism turns my gut.
"Wartime profiteering" comes to mind.
I have no problem with someone making a living with new biz opportunities presented by this situation, but trying to make a buck trading in lifesaving necessities when they are in such short supply is beyond the pale, IMO.

This virus crisis has thrown up many example of how unrestrained, dog eat dog, market capitalism has failed us so badly. Very very badly.

FFS, after three decades of the free-marketeers preaching the benefits of market efficient globalisation, the West is in such a pathetic place that it can not even gear-up to make face masks.
Not even now, after months, can we put a piece of fabric and two lengths of elastic together - when our lives depend on it.

FFS! Let's hope some things change during this crisis. Including changed attitudes about greed. ^^^
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic