Discussion on the current unprecedented events worldwide, Is this what fascism looks like?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
404FreedomNotFound
Expatriate
Cambodia

Discussion on the current unprecedented events worldwide, Is this what fascism looks like?

Post by 404FreedomNotFound »

Now to everyone reading the next lengthy message, this is more to explain what I'm doing here on those forums, and to present myself. But also to open a thread on the core of the reason that lead me to express myself with so much passion on the current crisis since I've opened my account. This is a thread meant to be able to better express peoples views and what pushes them to participate to the discussion on those issues. I wish nothing more than for people who disagree with me or who agrees with me to share their ideas on the whole unprecedented world event which are currently unfolding.

This is not a thread meant for lazy people who just want to make quick "Got you" comments, or who wish to keep things concise in a twitter war manner, this is a thread where people are free to take as much space as they want with long post in order to discuss and express their overall vision of current world events, whether you believe our governments are doing their best to respond to a real crisis, china is doing it to take over the world or the USA to take over china or whatever you global view on the current world events is. This is the place to freely say how you see things, and why you see things, so that together we may discuss as discussion is an important part of Critical thinking.

Here is an overview of what are my views on current world events and the reason that lead me to that conclusion despite most narratives being drastically different :

I am born and used to live in one of the western democracy. Where I did not consider the government to be legitimate because taking into account people who got up from their couch and went to the urne to place a blank vote, the government in place would not have been able to take power. Tired of seeing freedoms slashed, people being abused by enforcement laws and monitored by cameras at every turn in a country where I can't even smoke some weed. I concluded that freedom were to be found in the country where the government has the least means to enforce his power. Coming to cambodia resulted in much more freedom for me than one of those so called EU democracies due to Cambodia extremely low ranking on it's ability to enforce the rule of law.

Any type of forced lockdown, confinement, or forced business closer is among the greatest hurt one can impose on one's most basic human right freedom. For what it's worth, in the world, almost all Universal Declaration of Human Rights are removed. The current event are also being used in order to sign laws which gives all government unprecedented power and moves are made towards censorship, GPS control, financial control via pushing cashless payments, Facial recognition role out, and much more. Those laws as all previous "Temporary laws" that were imposed on us during the War against Drugs and the War against Terrorism will never go away, and be used to prevent us from protesting for their removal in the future. Even if today Weed is becoming available again legally, all control laws past under the excuse of helping the War On Drugs still exist. The same can be said of the War On Terror.

The excuse for all of those events is a fake propaganda about a real virus. Health experts and the WHO do not allow themselves to extrapolate on current data as to the mortality of covid-19 which I am grateful for as it is not their place, and they simply keep their role of providing numbers on the confirmed facts. They keep saying their results are not representative of the truth due to the lack of studies and the confirmed data not being complete enough at this point, which is their place and what they are meant to do I support them, no one should ask the WHO and the experts to speculate and extrapolate, we just want them to give us the current fact which they do.
If 1 guy was dead out of 1 cases, the WHO would say the fatality rate is 100% and that the numbers are not representative of the truth, which is exactly what they are doing and saying when giving case-fatality rates on covid-19 of 3.4%.
The best extrapolation my statistical skill allowed me to conclude, shows the covid-19 to be less fatal than common influenza in the unvaccinated populations.

In the light of the dozens and dozens of millions of hardship and death to come from the economic crisis created by the world lockdown and the deterioration for my freedom that a military imposed state of lockdown in cambodia would bring. I chose to consider moving on to a new country, but a third of the world population is in jail, the rest is prevented from their basic human right of freely trading goods and assembling. After looking at google map the hard truth hit, not matter where I looked, Freedom could not be found.

By the time people realize their mistake, they will try to do as they were doing in 2018 and 2019, taking it to the street, like in france, colombia, hong kong, and so many other places. But with the new laws and control measures like general GPS localization, facial recognition, internet censorship, etc.. in the west. And the army down in the street in Phnom Penh. And half of the population brainwashed by continuous propaganda on the virus on TV and everywhere else, Nothing will come of it. In the face of unprecedented fascism world-wide based on a bogus excuse, bitching about it on internet is I believe the least I can do.

I have learned in my life that Math and Science should be believed over media, politicians, religious and ideologists. That critical thinking and Epistemology is key for freedom to exist. And until more people do, the people in power will keep controlling you always more, and taking advantage financially of your work. But Science and Critical thinking requires to share one's ideas, and how one arrives to such conclusion. Amidst the new crisis, I have no better world than Fascism to describe the current situation. What about you? And why? Because of the propaganda, or because of more trustworthy methods?
I am nothing but a Fallible human being but if 1+1=2 it should be so for everyone.

So what about you? What do you think? Am I mistaken, are there holes in my vision of the current events? What do you think and more importantly WHY do you think it? Because of the h24 propaganda everywhere? Because of InfoWars? Because of Trump? Because of logic? Of Expert or of a book you've read? Because of personal experience? Feel free to share.
Last edited by 404FreedomNotFound on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Re: Discussion on the current unprecedented events worldwide, Is this what fascism looks like?

Post by Captain Bonez »

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
frizzie77
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Discussion on the current unprecedented events worldwide, Is this what fascism looks like?

Post by frizzie77 »

404FreedomNotFound wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:42 pm Am I mistaken, are there holes in my vision of the current events?
No, you're just a delusional idiot posting trash in every thread or even starting threads with your garbage.

I think moderators should have removed you already, but apparently they're totally asleep, unfortunately.

I'm feeling guilty of even giving a reply here...

Anyway, in short: GET HELP!
404FreedomNotFound
Expatriate
Cambodia

OrangeDragon wrote: Fri May 02, 2014 10:14 pm So... yeah... ANOTHER expat forum in Cambodia. Hopefully with less drama and bullshit... we're just trying to make a place where people can hang out and share information/chatter with minimal interaction by us. So... here are some basic guidelines to not make this suck:

1. Don't excessively flame one another. It's one thing to have a go at a friend (real or online) and a completely different to follow someone around launching personal attacks on one another. A little now and then is expected, and tolerated... but don't make it the only thing you're good for. That's just sad.
Thank you for respecting the rules @frizzie77
But don't worry I have a thick skin, I don't think moderator should remove you, it is much more interesting to let everyone see how limited your post can be.
Last edited by 404FreedomNotFound on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

[media] [/media]
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Yeah, who the hell wants to read all that for fuck's sake? Have you run out of meds or something?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

I don't think it coincidence one nutjob gets sent to the cooler and another appears instantly.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Alternatively, ignore any comment or article by 404, you know, by hitting the ignore button. Then you won't be polluted by his "trash". One man's meat, and all of that!!

404 was warned by Clutch, and has taken his thoughts in to his own thread, which you could have ignored. But you didn't, and instead invited the Mods to remove him. And you are the same guy complaining that those IN Cambodia are outweighed by those NOT IN Cambodia, and then proceed to try and shut down one of the IN Cambodia posters. You really are a piece of work frizzie. Leave the guy alone and carry on with your own world.
404FreedomNotFound
Expatriate
Cambodia

For all the people who say they don't have the time to read one single page or think about the events (which seems weird as it's often coming from the same people claiming they just confine at home and are bored). Please don't bitch about not being able to bring a water bottle on the airplane next time or being fined for not wearing a helmet for "your own safety", or being jailed for smoking weed, or being over taxed with no way to escape it, as I guess you didn't have the time to read as little as one page when lies and propaganda were used to bring about the necessary environment to enact such laws and set in place everything needed to monitor people and enforce those laws in the past.
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

404FreedomNotFound wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:23 am For all the people who say they confine at home, yet don't have the time to read one single page. Please don't bitch about not being able to bring a water bottle on the airplane next time or being fined for not wearing a helmet for "your own safety", or being jailed for smoking weed, or being over taxed with no way to escape it, as I guess you didn't have the time to read much one page when lies and propaganda were used to bring about the necessary environment to enact such laws and set in place everything needed to monitor people and enforce those laws in the past.
I think you're probably on the wrong forum for that kinda shit, dude.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Locked Previous topicNext topic