UK News, Updates and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
YORKIE
Expatriate

Re: UK News, Updates and Discussion

Post by YORKIE »

OK lets go for South Korea and Germany two heavily populated countries, how does the UK stack up against them ?.
Plenty of Pasties, Pie's, Sausage Rolls at Greggs for all those big fat English types then.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

And as if to make matters worst. My end of furlough has been delayed. By at least two weeks. Grrrrr
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Reckon I'm going to travel back to blighty next week. Greece not open to Brits until at least 1 July. Portugal's been good but no point frittering dosh away further.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Foreigner wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:41 am Reckon I'm going to travel back to blighty next week. Greece not open to Brits until at least 1 July. Portugal's been good but no point frittering dosh away further.
Will you have to quarantine?
Foreigner
BANNED
Great Britain

Post by Foreigner »

Yerg wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 6:29 am
Foreigner wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 5:41 am Reckon I'm going to travel back to blighty next week. Greece not open to Brits until at least 1 July. Portugal's been good but no point frittering dosh away further.
Will you have to quarantine?
Doesn't start til Jun 8. It wouldn't bother me massively anyway but might as well get back beforehand than afterhand.
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

Shambolic.

A bit like the state of the country.
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Looks like we are on the Room 101 list, well done Bojo and DC.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52854979

:BangHead:
DaveG
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by DaveG »

Maybe someone out there could help me out on this one,

Quote from the BBC

" estimates by the Office for National Statistics suggest there are currently 8,000 cases per day in England alone. Those figures do not include cases in care homes or hospitals"

If we have all been in lockdown for almost 10 weeks where the fuck are all these new cases coming from, about 500 new admissions to hospital per day !!!!! and up to 8000 new cases a day, these new cases must have caught it from someone or something ????, do you think they are new arrivals into UK as we have no travel restrictions or are they being infected in supermarkets, Buses, trains etc

Hope they are interviewing these new cases too see WTF they have been doing and where they have been.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

DaveG wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:38 pm Maybe someone out there could help me out on this one,

Quote from the BBC

" estimates by the Office for National Statistics suggest there are currently 8,000 cases per day in England alone. Those figures do not include cases in care homes or hospitals"

If we have all been in lockdown for almost 10 weeks where the fuck are all these new cases coming from, about 500 new admissions to hospital per day !!!!! and up to 8000 new cases a day, these new cases must have caught it from someone or something ????, do you think they are new arrivals into UK as we have no travel restrictions or are they being infected in supermarkets, Buses, trains etc

Hope they are interviewing these new cases too see WTF they have been doing and where they have been.
Tracing 8,000 people per day? That's quite a task. With numbers like that contact tracing is out of the question.

But I guess the answer is pretty simple. Contracting the virus outside is extremely difficult so it seems, so these people must have contracted it in busy confined spaces.

The tube?
Trains?
Buses?
Illegal mass gatherings?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

DaveG wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:38 pm Maybe someone out there could help me out on this one,

Quote from the BBC

They are not.

I think they are just extrapolating the numbers, from 500 a day into hospitals, plus the results from the testing stations. This keeps the daily new infections high. Then add the many many people who get it and don't know about it, or suffer mild or even moderate symptoms and don't go near a doctor, hospital or testing centre.

Until we have mass testing, not just current infection but also for antibodies, we are in the dark.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic