UK News, Updates and Discussion

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: UK News, Updates and Discussion

Post by Doc67 »

I urge people to listen to an interview by Dr Coetzee, the South African doctor who first alerted the world. She was on LBC radio with Tom Swarbrick.

4 weeks after discovery, (but in reality it has been around for much longer) and with enormous increases in infections, she and her colleagues see nothing but mild disease. She explains that all these people in hospital with Omicron were admitted for other reasons and tested as a matter of routine.

Despite the interviewer suggesting that the UK has eminent scientists being very alarmed, she simply says she is at the coalface and seeing Omicron in the real world, not just staring at models. She also states that so far the number of deaths caused BY Omicron is ZERO. There are deaths but for other causes, and these people also had Omicron, but it was not what killed them. She goes so far as to say their deaths weren't even related to Omicron.

Furthermore, neither she nor her colleagues have admitted anyone for Omicron alone. There have been no cases of cytokine storm, which would be expected after about 10 days. Nothing but mild illness or nothing at all. She even apologised for being the bearer of good news, such is the media's desire for prophesies of doom such as the latest predictions from Professor Ferguson (yes, he off the shagging his mistress during lockdown fame).

Anyway, there is much more and worth 12 mins of your time for a peek into what could be the UK in a month.

The interview starts at 1:34

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... arty-1212/
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 am I urge people to listen to an interview by Dr Coetzee, the South African doctor who first alerted the world. She was on LBC radio with Tom Swarbrick.

4 weeks after discovery, (but in reality it has been around for much longer) and with enormous increases in infections, she and her colleagues see nothing but mild disease. She explains that all these people in hospital with Omicron were admitted for other reasons and tested as a matter of routine.

Despite the interviewer suggesting that the UK has eminent scientists being very alarmed, she simply says she is at the coalface and seeing Omicron in the real world, not just staring at models. She also states that so far the number of deaths caused BY Omicron is ZERO. There are deaths but for other causes, and these people also had Omicron, but it was not what killed them. She goes so far as to say their deaths weren't even related to Omicron.

Furthermore, neither she nor her colleagues have admitted anyone for Omicron alone. There have been no cases of cytokine storm, which would be expected after about 10 days. Nothing but mild illness or nothing at all. She even apologised for being the bearer of good news, such is the media's desire for prophesies of doom such as the latest predictions from Professor Ferguson (yes, he off the shagging his mistress during lockdown fame).

Anyway, there is much more and worth 12 mins of your time for a peek into what could be the UK in a month.

The interview starts at 1:34

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/ ... arty-1212/
I have to admit to being slightly bored of it all now.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Australia Covid update: Omicron variant spreading rapidly as NSW and Victoria cases grow

As domestic border rules eased on Monday, Covid-19 infections continued to grow, with Victoria reporting 1,290 new cases and two deaths, while New South Wales recorded 536 new cases, amid increasing numbers of the Omicron variant.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/news/newsworl ... d=msedgntp

Pandemic mystery: Scientists focus on COVID's animal origins

Nearly two years into the COVID-19 pandemic, the origin of the virus tormenting the world remains shrouded in mystery.

Most scientists believe it emerged in the wild and jumped from bats to humans, either directly or through another animal. Others theorize it escaped from a Chinese lab.

Now, with the global COVID-19 death toll surpassing 5.2 million on the second anniversary of the earliest human cases, a growing chorus of scientists is trying to keep the focus on what they regard as the more plausible “zoonotic,” or animal-to-human, theory, in the hope that what's learned will help humankind fend off new viruses and variants.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/lifestyle/cor ... d=msedgntp
Always "hope" but never "expect".
WillieW
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by WillieW »

The hysteria in the UK about the new variant which is pretty much harmless , makes me wonder if the government has already pledged all those billions to the vaccine companies to get those shots into the arms of the populace . They're not putting anymore of that **** in my arm that's for sure. Unless of course I need it to get back to Cambodia.
Be your own toy.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:57 am”she simply says she is at the coalface and seeing Omicron in the real world, not just staring at models.”
I’m reminded of the phrase, “the plural of anecdote is not data”. Being at the “coalface” is all very well and good but it doesn’t give nearly a big enough sample size to be able to draw reliable comparisons with.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

New rules from the French government, Brits must have a compelling reason to go to France.
That's always been my policy anyway.
tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:09 pm
Jesus H Christ, where did you dig up this boring old git from? :D

Some people really ought not to try and become YouTube stars.

tightenupvolume1
Expatriate
India

Post by tightenupvolume1 »

No comment on the point he is making then ?

ps I suspect he is around your age ?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

tightenupvolume1 wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:26 pm No comment on the point he is making then ?

ps I suspect he is around your age ?
I quit as soon as he mentioned going to Church, I don't listen to god worshipers.

As for my age, your suspicions are incorrect (by quite a distance).

Merry Christmas...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic